• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Timing an animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I dont want to doublepost, so I make a new thread with the specific question:

I need to time a animation exactly. But as I wrote in the other thread it seems that SetUnitTimeScale works weird. If you have a very small value the animation runs slow if you look at it and fast if you camera is not there.

How can I exactly time animations?

For information, my model uses texture animations (rotation and translation), dont know if that matters..

Level 12
Make them use 100% speed and time the animation in the model file? :-\

Yep that came to my mind. Will need about 4 model files then..

1 time unit is 1ms there, so if an animation goes from 0 to 1000 it takes 1 second.

I read somewhere that actually 960 time units there are one second in wc3, is that wrong?

Level 8
I did not check if it is 100% correct. Might be that 960 "units" are actually a second, though I don't see any reason for it to behave like that.
If your map makes that much of a difference with it, you could probably be the best person to test this.

Level 12
Anyway, for what purpose do you need it?

I want to take the normal cooldown model of abilities and display it ingame for a little GUI system.

And I thought to get any cooldown would be so easy to just use SetUnitTimeScale, but to that time I didnt know that those damn animations behave like the Heisenberg uncertainty principle -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.