• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit-like Hero and Spell Resistance of Creeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Sorry if these are extremely dumb questions or have been answered already...
1) Is there any way which does not involve an entirely-triggered system or multiple copies of the same abilities to make a specific Hero be treated like a regular unit when it is targeted by buffs?
For example Hero A would still act or seem like a hero in that it can revive and have gain experience. However, buffs that might last 5 seconds on normal Hero B and 10 seconds on regular unit would last 10 seconds on Hero A.
2) Is there a way to increase the default level when units belonging to the Creep race would be considered spell-resistant?
+Rep to any helpful suggestions or answers.

Level 3
1) Simply set it so that the Hero Duration of the spell is the same as the Duration. Also, remove the "Non-Hero" classification from the "Allowed Targets" field of any spells.

2) Most spells that suffer from this effect have a "Max Level Allowed" (or something similar) parameter that you can increase to solve the problem. A high enough level does not automatically grant resistant skin, nor does it make units get treated as heroes for targeting purposes.

Level 14
1) Simply set it so that the Hero Duration of the spell is the same as the Duration. Also, remove the "Non-Hero" classification from the "Allowed Targets" field of any spells.

2) Most spells that suffer from this effect have a "Max Level Allowed" (or something similar) parameter that you can increase to solve the problem. A high enough level does not automatically grant resistant skin, nor does it make units get treated as heroes for targeting purposes.
1) Yes, but that's not what I wanted.
"However, buffs that might last 5 seconds on normal Hero B and 10 seconds on regular unit would last 10 seconds on Hero A."
If I did change the hero duration for the spell to 10 seconds, then that buff's duration would last 10 seconds on Hero A but it would also last 10 seconds on Hero B, which is not what I want. I would like to know whether or not this could be possible without extensive triggering and making multiple copies of abilities.
2) I think you sort of missed my point again but I guessed I didn't explain that one well either. Let's say that you have Buff A that lasts X seconds on normal units and Y seconds on heroes. If you cast Buff A on Creep B which is level 5 or lower, it would last X seconds. However, if you cast Buff A on Creep C which is level 6 or higher, it would last Y seconds.
I want to know if it's possible to change that default level when Creeps would have the same spell resistance like heroes or share the value in the "Hero duration" part.

Level 14
1)Define what you want. "which is not what I want"
2)With lot's of triggering and variables. (Depending on the parts you want,
e.g. if there are only 3 parts it's easy: SPELL<LVL5 | LVL10>SPELL>LVL5 | SPELL>LVL15)
1) I'll try to explain this with an example of what I want:
Hero A = a specific hero that is treated like a unit
Hero B = a regular hero, similar to a default one
Case a) Tell me if this is possible or not with basic means. (By basic, I mean not a lot of triggering involved)
Buff C has a Unit Duration of X seconds and a Hero Duration of Y seconds.
Buff C lasts X seconds on Hero A. Buff C lasts Y seconds on Hero B
Case b) Tell me if this is possible or not with basic means.
Spell D can target only Units.
Spell D can target Hero A. Spell D cannot target Hero B. (There would be an error message)
2) I guess you're trying to say this can only be done by extensive triggering and heavy object editor work for every single ability, right?

Level 14
1) I don't think it's possible...

2) I'm trying to say that if you need detailed (Lot's of) parts then yes, it'll need a lot of copying. If you need let's say like 3 parts it's possible, unless you have massive spells. I'm just guessing here, if you could be more specific it would help..
1) Okay...
2) I guess I would have to do massive spells then since I would want to change it for all Creep units.

Status
Not open for further replies.