• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger spell help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi, i need help on some trigger spell type thing (title >.>) if u can help, then plz post.(sorry if im explaining the triggers a bit sloppy)
what i want to do, is when my hero casts a spell, i want the unit being casted apon to be like..paralyzed, and in 10 seconds make it get killed and add life to my hero.
i made a spell that doesnt do anything, like...sleep w/o the debuff, or shadow strike w/o the damage and stuff...then i put in triggers:
E-Hero casts a spell
C-Spell equal to myspell
A-make units movement to 0%,
wait 5 seconds
Kill unit (of being casted)
Add Life to (my hero) 100 or something...
and then i play, and the unit is still moving(attacking me). :s :s :s
is there another way to do what i want??

Level 5
Still moving, you said? That's odd :s Anyway, if I were you, I would pause the unit instead, and maybe add a special effect.

There's two more things I'd like to tell you, though; Please try to write normal english. It looks better and it's easier to read. And second, there is a trigger tag, please use it. And BTW, welcome to The Hive Workshop :)

Level 2
lol, ill try pause, >_< and i wrote that post being really tired.
ok sorry, i was kinda in a rush overall. thanks :)

Level 12
So this how your trigger should look I guess

• Ability
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    • Actions
      • Unit - Pause (Targeted unit)
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Unit - Explode (Targeted unit)
      • Unit - Set life of (Casting unit) to ((Life of (Casting unit)) + 100.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.