• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Group Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Yo, it's Scyth-Master, I'm posting another (I've been working on this for awhile) contest.

Unit Group Contest #1

Questions?
What are "Unit Groups?":
In this case, Unit Groups are groups of four different units, including: An air unit Ranged or Melee (Ranged Recommended), One Ground Melee Unit, One Ground Ranged Unit, One Ground Spell-caster unit.
Are these "Unit Groups" race specific?:
No, these Unit Groups may be any race you want, and it's not (exactly) recommended that you make them from any of the races from Warcraft 3.
Am I going to have to make buildings for them?
No, infact, if you do you are disqualified. The only building that will be allowed to train/sell them is the Mercenary Camp, which may be of any Tileset.
Do I have to make models for them?
Absolutley not, but credit will be given to those who do.
Alright, those are all the questions I can ask, what about some ground rules?
Alright, here is a set of rules to follow when making your unit group:
1-No Innapropriate names
2-The units must be very balanced, but they may have tricks and strategies to make them more effective
3-The units have to be able to fit in with the Warcraft theme, futuristic units are NOT allowed
4-You may use custom icons, but if they are not made by you, then you will recieve NO credit for them
5-Once again, you may use custom models, but if they are not made by you you will not recieve any credit for them
6-The only exception for futuristic units are Starcraft units, but it isn't recommended
7-You must compress the size of your map to be 4000kb or under
8-You must import all of these units into a single map and make them (inleast) hirable by human players
9-Those are all of the rules, follow them well and all should be fine

Theme:
The Theme of this contest is Ruins

Overall Guidlines:
Put all Four units into a single map, make sure that they are hirable by the Mercenary Camp, and then post the file map here, or give a link to another site containing the map file.

Points are unofficial at this time, I will give examples when I can.

Last edited:
Level 15
Try placing the competition in context.

What is the point of making a group of 4 units? Why are they hirable by humans? How do they fit into existing races? Should they? Is this meant for melee? Melee races are finely balanced with units having roles and integrated abilities, should we consider that?

Level 19
Try placing the competition in context.

What is the point of making a group of 4 units? Why are they hirable by humans? How do they fit into existing races? Should they? Is this meant for melee? Melee races are finely balanced with units having roles and integrated abilities, should we consider that?

This contest was made so that melee games could have more unique, special, and especially balanced mercenaries. They are hirable as creatures of war, and try to be unique when making them. Theme changed, now, Ruins, this means anything that could fit into a ruined tileset, such as Sunken Ruins or Dalaran Ruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.