• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit gets attacked and flys to region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my cinematic a unit gets hit by another unit and is supposed to fly to the region and play the death animation while flying. Is there a way i can do this?
shi- sorry about the prefix didn't notice the thread saying not to...
Here is a reference video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmlZsg0rHRM&feature=response_watch at one part when the unit is hitting the units and they fly in the air is my question.

Last edited:
Level 18
There's a problem with changing animations or animation speed while the unit is moving or it's flying height is changed. Maybe there's a solution, but then someone needs to do a lot of testing. The probably only other way would be to change the death animation.

Forget it; didn't realize what exactly were you up to, until i saw the video. In that case:
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Map Initialization
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Your unit)
    • Unit - Remove Crow Form from (your unit)
  • Trigger1
  • Events
    • (Your unit) takes damage
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Position of (your unit))
      • Set Point2 = (Point offset by 300.00 towards ((Facing of (your unit)) - 180) degrees)
      • Trigger - Turn on Trigger2 <gen>
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)
  • Trigger2
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set PointX = (Position of (Your unit))
      • Set PointZ = ((PointX) offset by 20.00 towards (Angle from (PointX) to (Point2))
      • Unit - Move (Your unit) instantly to (PointZ)
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Your unit) to (((Custom value of (Your unit)) + 1)
      • Set F_Real_Grenade_FlyHeight = ((Power(60.00, 2.00)) - (Power(((Real((Custom value of (Your unit))) - 60.00), 2.00)))
      • Animation - Change (Your unit's) flying height to (F_Real_Grenade_FlyHeight / (3600.00 / F_Real_Set_Height)) at 0.00
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Custom value of (Your unit)) Greater than or equal to 120
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
          • Unit - Set the custom value of (Your unit) to 0
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point2)
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_PointX)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_PointZ)

Level 8
question: If you add then remove crow form straight away, can you still change their flying height?...

Why do you say it by now? No, the trigger i gave you works for 1 unit only. In order to make 2 units, have this:
In the map initialization trigger,
  • Set Temp_Group = (Units in (Your region) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit) Equal to Your unit type)
  • Unit Group - Pick up every unit in (Temp_group) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set Unit = (Picked unit)
      • Trigger - Add to Trigger1 the event (Unit - (Unit1) takes damage)
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Temp_Group)
And then, wherever i claim the "your unit", place the "Unit1" variable.

Ok, look, i am also jealous of some models i have seen and wanna make my own, but i can't do it, unless i know some basic stuff about modelling, or even having basic programs to do so. Variables is the most basic stuff in GUI triggering.
The variables i used are: "Temp_Group" = Unit Group, "Unit" = Unit, "Point/Point2/PointX/PointZ" = Point, "F_Real_Grenade_Flight" = Real.
I suggest you had a look at this for an at least basic way of triggering: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/variables-5896/

Status
Not open for further replies.