• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Region Moving and Waygates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So I tried to replicate the mechanic like in Lordaeron The Aftermath(Lordaeron The Foremath too) , where you have Naxxramas and it's ability to open a portal with an ability.

Basically you have an ability on which you click and where you click next the portal opens. The Portal is a way gate that links( or is already linked) to the Way Gate inside Naxxramas. My question is how is it created since I kinda need it for something similiar?

I am not sure if it's moving the region and the building with it.

I also tried making it but without the pointing. My trigger was like:
Event:
Unit casts a spell
Condition:
Spell Being Cast equal to Open Portal
Action:
Move Portal on position of Ship(The Ship unit is a flying unit)
Move TeleportRegion(Region) on position of Portal(Unit)

I tried testing it, but when i clicked on the Ship unit my game just suddenly turned off.

Basically create a waygate and then link it to a region, and move a region to the position of a waygate.

The problem is I don's know how to do Jass XD
Simply create four global variables:
Boolean - Enabled
Unit - MyWaygate
Real - WGDestinationX
Real - WGDestinationY
Then assign values to them.
Afterwards use the following custom script:

• Custom Script: call WaygateSetDestination(udg_MyWaygate, udg_WGDestinationX, udg_WGDestinationY)
  • Custom Script: call WaygateActivate(udg_MyWaygate, udg_Enable)

Level 8
Simply create four global variables:
Boolean - Enabled
Unit - MyWaygate
Real - WGDestinationX
Real - WGDestinationY
Then assign values to them.
Afterwards use the following custom script:

• Custom Script: call WaygateSetDestination(udg_MyWaygate, udg_WGDestinationX, udg_WGDestinationY)
  • Custom Script: call WaygateActivate(udg_MyWaygate, udg_Enable)
Thank you. Gonna try it

Status
Not open for further replies.