• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Pan camera when unit teleported by waygate ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
sorry for my english

I remember there are some maps who have this system.

A unit right click to portal that has waygate abilty
then the unit transported to desired region
and pan camera for it

the problem is, i can't trigger the pan camera
i dont want to make a region in that portal, coz it will teleport everyunit who walk through it instead right click it.

how and thanks

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I am not sure you understand how waygates work. They produce an automatic route between points on the map which the path finder is aware of. If you instruct a unit to go to another island connected only by waygates it will automatically take the way gate to get to the other island.

What you are describing is a trigger implemented move in resonse to some event (order targeting building). Since you are moving the unit with triggers, you can also move the players camera at the same time.

If you control more than 1 unit I do not recommend panning the camera as this produces a usability nightmare. For example summons might be stuck fighting at the other side or every time the player sends a unit your camera gets moved there while you are trying to micro somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.