• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Panning a Camera with a Interpolated Height

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
When I pan the players camera like this, then simply click anywhere on the terrain, the camera seems to flash down to its original height.

• Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Height Offset to ((120.00 + Camera_Height[(Player number of (Picked player))]) + TEMP_ZPoint[1]) over 0.40 seconds

When I replace it with this, it seems to work without flashing when clicking, but it isn't the same trigger and doesn't work the way I want it to.

• Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to (Position of Player_Unit[(Player number of (Picked player))]) over 0.30 seconds
  • Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Height Offset to ((120.00 + Camera_Height[(Player number of (Picked player))]) + TEMP_ZPoint[1]) over 0.40 seconds

My intentions are to make a camera that always follows the players hero with Rotation and Height. so when he goes up a hill, the camera should still follow behind him at the same point as if he was on a flat plane. Any Suggestions?

Level 5
Oh, I admit I do not know JASS (at least not yet :wink:).

What is the hill you are talking about: raised ground or a higher cliff level?

If it is a cliff problem then I might know what you mean. when you turn on the grid and look at the cliffs, they are not vertical, but rather diagonal. That was the reason why I have abandoned my First-Person-Shooter map.

There is a solution, but it is very complex in practice.
cliffs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.