• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

unit/building question

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just download a ... space ship model and i wanna use it on tree of life
as a mobile flying ... "fortress"
but when i test it, its not flying.. =\
i did however realized that when i presss uproot button, the ... fortress flys
=(
but when i uproot the fortress, it can't construct anything (that is, train unit)
can some1 tell me how 2 make it fly without uproot button??????!!!???:cry:

i kno wat ur talking about, but if i make the fortress a unit, it can no longer train units (although i am aware of the "unit Sold" ... option, i want it 2 train unit, not sell) XD
oh and i try mess around with other builds 2
i made a farm with its height ... 200 and it looks fine in the editor, but when i play the game 2 test it, it just stay on the ground =-/

also
i made it tree of life so when u start a map, u'll have a fortress
if i made it a unit then i need 2 go and change the winning option in the trigger section which i don't really wanna go into XD

Level 17
You CAN have units train units actually. Just go to "Units trained" and put units in their. It works normally.

Base it off of a flying unit, change its sound set, and if you want make it "Targetted as a Structure" but make sure to keep its classification under unit. Slow down the speed, give it fortified armor.

Since it is targetted as a structure it is repairable, but its still a unit, that can train units. Your done.

Level 3
Try it boy...

Set the options like I did:

Is a Building = False
Movement Type = None
Movement Height = Whatever u want

It became a unit.

Now to make the unit sells something, go to "Abilities - Normal", Add the "Select Hero" ability and finally Add the itens u wanna sell on "Techtree - Items Sold".

Remembering: Delete the Melee triggers, or when the game starts u'll instantly win the game.

Well, I think it'll work :]

Status
Not open for further replies.