• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to get uprooted tree of ages/eternity models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi,

How do I make it so a unit's model is either the tree of ages or tree of eternity uprooted model?

Tried using the alternate animations like this:

"Upgrade,Second"

"upgrade,second,large"

But it didn't do anything. Still got tree of lifes...

Level 21
Hi,

How do I make it so a unit's model is either the tree of ages or tree of eternity uprooted model?

Tried using the alternate animations like this:

"Upgrade,Second"

"upgrade,second,large"

But it didn't do anything. Still got tree of lifes...

The upgrade animations are for the glowing hands or something like that.

I bet what you're looking for is either "alternate" and/or "alternateex"

Level 21
You do not need any triggers at all. Check the demon hunter normal and morphed version. Or druid of the claw/talon. They have 2 unit types and yet, different animations work.
Their animations fields always have either "alternate" or "alternateex" in them. (Using the wrong tag will make it seem rooted during some animations)

Level 21
just give it the model without the root ability. that makes it uprooted.(rooted animation is activated by the root ability.) there could be other things that affects that as well so i suggest you try my solution first then check the tree of ages or eternity afterwards.(you do need to find out what makes it tree of ages of course.)

Level 21
just give it the model without the root ability. that makes it uprooted.(rooted animation is activated by the root ability.) there could be other things that affects that as well so i suggest you try my solution first then check the tree of ages or eternity afterwards.(you do need to find out what makes it tree of ages of course.)

Root makes it stay still, but doesn't affect the animation that it starts with.

Level 25
Find your unit in Object editor, find Art - Required Animation Names (not to confuse with Required Animation Names - Attachments) and add "alternate" tag in there.

Or you can do it via trigger action
  • Animation - Add the alternate animation tag to *your unit*

Level 15
Nope, still doesn't work.

These are the exact required animations by Tree of Ages. But my model is still Tree of Life in game.

2ldg6jl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.