• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Unit animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey, I'm having a problem with my model that has more than one spell animation. I do the trigger
Animation: Play (triggering unit's) Spell 2 animation.

But since it has 3 spell animations, it only does it 1/3 of the time. Sometimes it does the spell 1 animation, spell 2 and sometimes spell 3. How can I make it so it does the spell 2 animation 100% of the time?

Level 2
Try by going to your ability and edit your Art - Animation Names to what you want to use, like attack or spell. I'm not sure if you can put like attack1 or attack2 seperately, but it may work.

Level 2
Try this : Do the same thing as I said before, but just have attack (eg)
Then make a trigger like this :
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt SPAM
    • Actions
      • Animation - Play Blood Mage 0000 <gen>'s attack1 animation
It worked for me. It did only attack1 animation.

EDIT : if spell is channeling, try using A unit Begins channeling an ability.

Level 28
I'd look in the world editor for the proper animation strings (object editor -> your unit -> browse to Art - Model) click, then the model apperas (o rly) at the left side of the screen and above the shown model is kinda like a bar where you can check them.
Then triggers and set the animation string to the matching string you found in the we.
I hope it helps ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.