• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Play unit animation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've only been working with the editor for a few days, so this might be an easily fixed problem but... I'm making a trigger that when a skill is cast on a target, the casting unit goes into unit animation. So I did

Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s spell 2 animation.

When it works it looks great, but it really only works some of the time. The reason is that the triggering unit that has the skill has 3 spell animations, and so it only does the one i want 1/3 of the time.

So my question is, is there a way to make it so it only plays that certain animation? Or possibly just deactivate all the others. because I don't really need them.

Level 3
well that doesn't help with the problem of getting rid of the other animations, i just want it to show the one spell for the animation. Best case scenario for that is it plays the animation 3x.

Level 3
is there a way of doing that other than making it a variable? I tried making it into a variable and it worked sometimes, but not 100% of the time.

Like this wor

Attachments

• This.jpg
    This.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 133
Level 3
Ok so I can put a unit animation for the skill and that'll make it work? I'm editing this because I said "thats too hard to see" but I put it into paint and zoomed in and I could so nvm...

Last edited:
Level 3
lotus flying
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Hidden Lotus (Lee)
Actions
Unit - Create 1 flying lee 3 for (Triggering player) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing (Target point of ability being cast)
Animation - Queue (Last created unit)'s spell 2 animation
Animation - Play (Last created unit)'s spell 2 animation

Thats basically what i've been messing around with. The que animation is something I just put in there as one of my attempts to make it work. I've tried it without it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.