• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Ability Like Jump from Final Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I was wondering if an ability like this would be possible in world editor. It is from the lancer character in final fantays tactics, but I think it is used in other ff games as well.

How I see it being used in war 3 would be a ground-target AOE spell. The caster would then disappear from the map. After a set amount of time, he lands at the target spot and an AOE damage effect happens. This is easy so far, but I want to know if there is a way to prematurely end the spell so that somehow the only ability on the unit's command card when he is in the air is an ability that ends the jump early, which would make the damage be lower. He cannot be given any orders except this "end jump" order while in the air. Is this possible? I was thinking it would be similar to the way the ultimate ability of the Lifestealer in DOTA works, where your only available order is to end the ultimate when the hero is inside an enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.