• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Jump can deal damage = jump distance ?

Level 5
1710411957215.png

I want to create a skill that can jump into the air and then land on the ground.Like the shockwave skill, it will touch units it passes through and can deal damage.
When it lands at the location it will reach, will deal damage equal to the amount of distance that jump has jumped (for example, the maximum jump distance is 3000 x2 which will be 6000 maximum damage.
If this is not possible, then x2 the hero's main stat is fine. thanks

Level 12
Do you want the Hero to jump or the Missile to jump and land on the ground? Air time and calculating distances are very advanced triggering.

If you want the missile to jump and land on the ground you can use Relativistic Missiles [vJASS][LUA][GUI]
It's fairly easy to do with this system.

If you want the unit to jump you probably need to copy a jump spell from the spell section and modify it. As I said airtime with distance calculation is a pain to do. I found this Warden Leap [GUI] v0.4 (This has no target it just leaps forward to the facing angle, so the distance is preset).

There was also something called "The incredible jump" or something, which had better triggering than this. It included the distance + airtime calculation, which meant the jump time changed accordingly, which is the thing you need I guess.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Here's what I think you wanted. Hopefully you're on the latest patch. It requires a Unit Indexer in your map (don't import more than one).

The 2x distance damage is simple, you get the Distance between two points (caster pos and target point of ability being cast) and multiply that by 2.

Attachments

• Wave Jump 1 back.w3m
    30.3 KB · Views: 6