• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Decent Jump Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
I was wondering about Jump Spells. I've seen Jump Spells that take a unit to the exact point that you want, but moves the unit there instantly. I've also seen Jump Spells that move a unit gradually, but it always moves the unit a certain distance. What I'm looking for is a combination (if anyone has seen the Assault Marines of Dawn of War 2 use their Jump ability, you'll know exactly what I mean). For those who haven't seen the Assault Marines in action, I want it so the casting unit rushes over the battle field and lands exactly where the player targetted. If anybody can help, that'd be great.

Level 4
hmm i think i have that kind of spell. its like he jumps of the ground and lands on the point or little before. but if you select to little distance he just stops in air and falls down.But there is one bug. you can move him while he is in air. here is the map

Attachments

• Jump to point.w3x
    16.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Level 35
Well, the spell I have ATM basically just moves the unit there instantly. Although I think it will do, I just wanted to see what else was out there. BTW, thx for the map, Djinn. I'm sure that if you just change the unit ownership of the casting unit to Neutral Passive for the duration of the ability, that will eliminate the bug of being able to move the unit while it's jumping.

Status
Not open for further replies.