• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jump trigger Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Anyway I used and old jumping spell pack by Dragonskull from wc3sear. I only imported on of the three jumping types the pack included called "crush". What it does is you selct a enemy unit, and then the unit jumps up in the air, and upon impact a stomp effects plays. I modified its so there was not stomp effect and this worked fine. THrough further modifications i made it so you dont have to click on an enemy unit to cast it, rather i used a warstomp ability for the bae, and whenever u click on it the unit jumps 225 units forward. The only problem is i want it so the unit jumps the way its currently facing, but what end up happening is it only jumps in one direction: east.

ex: units facing this way <-- (activate jump) unit jumps this way -->/ Heres the trigger:

Tigger 1 is mainly for the running of the trigger. (Note: the triggers name is crush because i was to lazy to change it to jump).

• Crush
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Pause Crusher
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to Crusher
      • Unit - Turn collision for Crusher Off
      • Unit - Make Crusher Invulnerable
      • Animation - Change Crusher flying height to 300.00 at 400.00
      • Trigger - Turn on Crusher Movement <gen>
      • Wait 0.35 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Crusher Movement <gen>
      • Animation - Change Crusher's animation speed to 10.00% of its original speed
      • Unit - Make Crusher face CrusherVictim over 0.01 seconds
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Animation - Change Crusher flying height to 0.00 at 600.00
      • Trigger - Turn on Crusher Movement <gen>
      • Wait 0.10 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Crusher Movement <gen>
      • Animation - Change Crusher's animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
      • Unit - Cause Crusher to damage circular area after 0.05 seconds of radius 50.00 at (Position of CrusherVictim), dealing 0.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Force
      • Wait 0.10 seconds
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Unit - Remove Crow Form from Crusher
      • Unit - Turn collision for Crusher On
      • Unit - Make Crusher Vulnerable
      • Unit - Unpause Crusher
      • Set Crusher = No unit
Trigger two is the movement of the jump (probably where the modifications have to be done).

• Crusher Movement
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move Crusher instantly to ((Position of Crusher) offset by 3.00 towards (Facing of Crusher) degrees), facing (Facing of Crusher) degrees
      • Unit - Make Crusher face Crusher over 0.01 seconds

Trigger 3 is its activation.

• Crush Activate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Jump
    • Actions
      • Set Terrain = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Crusher = (Casting unit)
      • Trigger - Run Crush <gen> (ignoring conditions)
In proper context trigger 3 would be first the 1 then 2.

Level 8
replace "CrusherVictim" with "CrusherPoint"

"CrusherPoint" is a point varible

make "CrusherPoint" equal a polar point with degrese facing of "crusher" toward the amount of points you want "crusher" to jump

example:
  • Set Temp_Point = ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (Facing of (Triggering unit)) towards 800.00 degrees)

Level 7
replace "CrusherVictim" with "CrusherPoint"

"CrusherPoint" is a point varible

make "CrusherPoint" equal a polar point with degrese facing of "crusher" toward the amount of points you want "crusher" to jump

example:
  • Set Temp_Point = ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by (Facing of (Triggering unit)) towards 800.00 degrees)

Sounds like a plan. thnx wait: Edit: There only one line with crusher visctim and i replaced it with the variable you told me to make... nothig different happened except now he twirls in a circle befoe landing... Suggestion..

Last edited:
Level 3
  • Crusher Movement
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move Crusher instantly to ((Position of Crusher) offset by 3.00 towards (Facing of Crusher) degrees), facing (Facing of Crusher) degrees
      • Unit - Make Crusher face Terrain over 0.01 seconds

Try that maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.