• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unholy Invasion v2.2b

INTRODUCTION

Unholy Invasion is a unique co-op Hero Survival map where 1 to 3 Players defend against hordes of zombies with various customized weapons and gear.

Here are some of the features of this map, for those who didn't see this map before;

--Highly customized manual attack system; you can attack with a single weapon and bash with a shield, a two-handed weapon, a bow combined with a special arrow of your choice or with dual weapons. Each attack style have it's own attack animations, attack sounds, stats, abilities and more.
-Fast-paced combat with gore.
-A unique and easy equip system.
-22 Melee Weapons, 4 Special Arrows which can be combined with 7 Ranged Weapons, 8 Body Armors, 9 Helmets and 7 Shields, each with their own item models, stats and abilities.
-A knockback system which fits perfectly for a map of this kind. (Thanks to Paladon)
-A simple, yet nice custom stat system.
-Each equipped item shows on character and fitting perfectly, even quivers. (Hail to their respective owners!).
-Supports 1 to 3 Players and 3 Difficulties.
-Zombie numbers are proportional with Players. When a Player leaves, lesser zombies spawn.
-3 Specializations to choose from.
-12 Feats to further improve your playstyle.
-Lag free triggering.
-Much, much more to see!

Latest Updates;

-Dexterity now reduces attack cooldown (With a 50% cap). Combat is now faster.
-Added a new elite helmet; Helm of the Duelist.
-Added a new elite helmet; Assassin's Headguard.
-Prevented selection of enemies or other players in combat rounds.
-Boss now takes 25% reduced damage from critical hits.-Buffed Taunt passive.
-Nerfed Artifical Heart.
-Fixed some bugs.
-Changed some armor stat requirements.

-Added new attack cooldown bars.
A bar that indicates the cooldown of your attack appears on your hero.
-Melee attacks now cannot be performed unless an enemy is in your weapon range. This prevents accidental misses.
-Removed camera lock command. Instead, players can now lock/unlock camera instantly by pressing "Q" in combat.
-Added a new health bar and a new selection circle.
-Some tooltip fixes.

-Equipment that normally have a stun ability now shatter enemy defense instead.
Shatter means enemy defense is temporarily reduced by 3.
-Added a new basic armor; Fiend Armor.
-Added a new elite armor; Deepwater Armor.
-Added a new elite ranged weapon; Arbalet.
-Removed generic "error" sound.
-Replaced "Runner" with a new feat; Initiator.
-Corrected the duration of Taunt armor reduction effect.
-Zombie Rally aura no longer effects Players.

-Added a new base ability for Players; Charge.
Charge is a short-range dash which can be used to escape, knockback or damage enemies.
-Charge damage scales with Energy Stat.
-All Armors now modify Charge damage and knockback.
-All Special Abilities now have a passive effect.
-Remade Taunt ability.
-Remade Stamina system.
Moving now drains Stamina, while standing still restores it faster than before.
-Added a new elite two-handed weapon; Sulfuras.
-Significantly increased attack/use ability animation speeds of the Hero.
-Attacks and Charge ability now briefly shakes camera. Critical Hits shakes more.
-Strength now increases knockback, including ranged weapon attacks and Charge.
-Added a new combat music from Dragon Age.
-New ambient for combat rounds.
-Harder Boss.
-Right-clicking an enemy first time now makes your Hero face that enemy
-Greater Creeps now have Ensnare ability.
-Reworked Hard Hitter Feat and fixed knockback bug.
-Reworked Magic Quiver Feat and renamed it; Thrifty.
-Reworked Specialized Feat.
-Replaced Resistant with a new Feat; Cunning.
-Skull Cap, Horned Helm, Berserker's Helm and Avenger Helm now have new bonuses.
-Prevented resource trade.
-Fixed a bug when trying to shot with no arrows left.
-Significantly reduced Hero movespeed.
-Restoration Potions' triggered abilities are now more responsive.
-Improved Creep/Boss AI.
-Players now cannot attack/use abilities for 1.5 seconds after equipping a new weapon.
-Added Minimap terrain image.
-Reworked Artifical Heart.
-Added an equip/unequip sound.
-Prevented Patrol, which causes some bugs with the new Stamina system.
-New swing sounds for melee attacks.
-Nerfed ranged weapons and arrows.
-Modified critical chances of melee weapons.
-Overall balance changes.

Some examples of how the equipment looks like on our hero are below. Please note that some of the screenshots are old, but they'll give you an idea about the equipment system.

New Demon Armor Shoulders! 28 May 2011

New Full Plate Shoulders! 28 May 2011

Only a quarterstaff equipped.

Leather armor, skull cap, saber on main-hand and war mace on off-hand.

Full plate mail, grand crown, emerald flamberge and a quiver of arrows

Demon Armor, Bone Helm, Elven Bow and a quiver of arrows.

Royal Armor, Berserker's Helm, Holy Shield, Vampire Sword and a quiver of arrows.

Forum Link

IMPORTANT NOTES:

*This map is protected.
*Loading a saved game causes the game to crash. There is no defeat condition however, you dont need to save and load your game, if you die, you can try as much as you want.
*In some widescreen resolutions, there are some missing texts in text boxes (usually "required stats" for some items). I recommend you to use a 4:3 resolution.

Keywords:
defense, hero defense, survival, zombie, unholy, unholy invasion, invasion, item, equipment, equip, attachment
Contents

Unholy Invasion v2.2b (Map)

Reviews
Date: 23:30:41 30-Nov-11 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Approved 5/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Useful Links: If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource...
Level 4
Hmm. I see your point and i know about it. It would be really hard, but it's possible. I'm just not sure how to fix that issue. Maybe every round there should be ranged creeps, dunno. Do you have any suggestions? I really need suggestions about gameplay. Perhaps low hp should also cause something like "Fatigue" just like low Stamina causes, which reduces your movespeed, or, being hit may cause you to slow, i'll think about it.

Fatigue is good idea, Also you can give Slow ability to few zombies.
Add one more player to map, Add new weapon like mage staff and make zombies a little harder.

Level 1
Yup, i think a magic staff who can knock back enemy would be very fun :D
Or spell, that you can equip in hand, like skyrim. So a spell in one hand and a sword in the other

Level 4
Don't add in the fatigue system for hp! Its bad enough for stamina and you preference to two handed weapons D:

Level 10
Sorry for inactivity guys. Working on this map was really exhausting, and i know the fact that you can run away to recover your hp should be fixed somehow but i gave a break.
Btw I added a small feature; when you right click on a zombie, your hero faces that direction instead of running towards that zombie, to make aiming easier. But right now, there is a bug needs to be fixed. When you pick Hard Hitter feat, sometimes you just knockback way too much, i dont know why. I need to find a solution to that first.

Level 1
awesome! one of my preferred maps. good system, good items, good scenario and good idea. i just don't like these skills, but is a great map. good job! =)

Level 2
Ahh I play it and WHOOO VERY GOOD ITEMS SYSTEM!!

But to small map when I play with a bow :(

My tip:

when the player use Melee Weapons, give him a 0-0attack and an 100000000 cooldown. then he run too the zombies.

Level 7
Nice map very good and nice update.But after 5 games it got boring....but nice choice of items etc etc so 4/5 for me. if this is updated more frequantly it would be great!

Level 10
Ahh I play it and WHOOO VERY GOOD ITEMS SYSTEM!!

But to small map when I play with a bow :(

My tip:

when the player use Melee Weapons, give him a 0-0attack and an 100000000 cooldown. then he run too the zombies.

Sorry, I dont get your tip.

Nice map very good and nice update.But after 5 games it got boring....but nice choice of items etc etc so 4/5 for me. if this is updated more frequantly it would be great!

Thanks. Major updates like this takes time. I suggest you to play with 1 or 2 friends of yours and try different Specializations/Weapons.

Level 4
There should be a face ability, so that you dont have to right click at what you want to attack - if its not already implemented/planned. (haven't played this for ages and haven't checked latest ver yet)
And changelog looks fat. - AuroN

Level 7
So downloading the new version of this. This is one of the major sources of inspiration for some things I want to do with the map I've been working on for like forever. :D

Level 10
There should be a face ability, so that you dont have to right click at what you want to attack - if its not already implemented/planned. (haven't played this for ages and haven't checked latest ver yet)
And changelog looks fat. - AuroN

Actually it is pretty easy to aim now. Gameplay is a lot better then previous version (Easier aim, faster hero animations, new Charge ability and more). Also you can no longer run away and recover your hp/stamina now. You might wanna give it a shot.

So downloading the new version of this. This is one of the major sources of inspiration for some things I want to do with the map I've been working on for like forever. :D

Hope to see another project of inspiration.

Aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesome map

Level 6
I don't know if anyone else has the problem of the echo with this map, but if you do, the only thing you need to do is to go to the sound options in the warcraft menu and change the "sound provider" you are currently using, for another of the ones avaible and the problem will be solved. I used to have this problem with some other maps when I was using "Dolby Surround" as sound provider, but I changed it to "Miles Emulated 3D" and it got solved.
By the way nice map!

Level 10
I don't know if anyone else has the problem of the echo with this map, but if you do, the only thing you need to do is to go to the sound options in the warcraft menu and change the "sound provider" you are currently using, for another of the ones avaible and the problem will be solved. I used to have this problem with some other maps when I was using "Dolby Surround" as sound provider, but I changed it to "Miles Emulated 3D" and it got solved.
By the way nice map!

Wow, there is still a sound echo problem in this map? (for 3 years!) Oh thank you very much for sharing this. I hope no one will have this issue again.

Really impressive, if you add few game modes:
- Stand your ground (can be default)
- Madness (monsters don't stop attacking and you can buy items constantly)
- Fun Mode (Instead of monsters you can spawn funny models, create snow weather, play some disco music, change fade filter each 0.03 sec to random color etc)
- Boss mode (just 1 creep come, huge hp, cool spells, cool AI)

Add some more things like:
Building or something to defend, maybe different areas, increase map size, maybe you can add area or something where from time to time you can fight against another team of players etc.

If you improve this just a little more I will speak with Kael about DC :)

Level 10
If you improve this just a little more I will speak with Kael about DC :)

I wish i had time to add new modes :( I'll be gone in 2 weeks for my military service (not sure how to say in English) for 6-12 months (probably 6). But maybe when i return...

this is awesome :D well done 5/5 and +rep

Thanks. But it shows that you rated 4 and i dont get any rep? :(

Level 15
i should download this update and replay it!my favorite weapon was archery.also maybe a spells shop?just a suggestion this map is pretty good without magic.
also i think it's pretty easy to beat the early waves as an archer,mainly becuase you can just run till you can attack again.
user interface looks good 5/5!

Level 10
i should download this update and replay it!my favorite weapon was archery.also maybe a spells shop?just a suggestion this map is pretty good without magic.
also i think it's pretty easy to beat the early waves as an archer,mainly becuase you can just run till you can attack again.
user interface looks good 5/5!

Thanks! Yes, archery was even stronger before, it was hard to balance. But with the new Stamina system, you cant just run forever.

I thought about spell stuff, however in this kind of a map, spell casting (think a projectile spell like fireball or magic missile) would be same as archery (except you launch a magical bolt instead of an arrow). Maybe in future, a spell system will be implemented.

Level 8
I thought this was very well made. Good job Conlan! I beat it with a friend (2 players) on the hardest difficulty. Pretty clever idea making the boss invulnerable when having to fight his summoned units.

6/5

Level 10
I thought this was very well made. Good job Conlan! I beat it with a friend (2 players) on the hardest difficulty. Pretty clever idea making the boss invulnerable when having to fight his summoned units.

6/5

Thank you! I hope you find it balanced with 2 Players, cause i wont be around for 6 months. I'll be gone tomorrow for my military service (far away). Thanks everyone for playing.

REWIEW:

This is really a beautiful map. It has some of the best aspects of survival, arena and defense maps I have ever seen. It also has a very creative and easy combat and equipment system. It is very balanced and you can change difficulty, which is very good, because not many maps have that option. I have found no bugs or glitches or imbalances. This map has very creative abilities and weapons. Also, the roles of characters are clearly defined, and I think that there are not any abilities that would fit better for any class.
I also tested this map with my brother, who mostly hates every map he plays and enjoys when he finds a bug in any map, including the ones he makes. Although he didn't find any bugs, he looked very happy while we were playing.

So, here are the points:
Balancing - 9/10 (because killing zombies is kinda easy in the late game)
Systems - 10/10 (no bugs nor glitches, and they are very creative and original)
Gameplay - 9/10 (you sometimes miss a horde of zombie right in front of you, which is really annoying)
Terrain - 8/10 (there is nothing wrong with it, but it is not epic, and is kinda too simple)
Originality - 10/10 (in this map, the best aspects of few different kinds of maps are mixed together, and it turned out great; weapons, abilities and systems are also original)

OVERALL - 46/50 Highly Recommended - Director's Cut

Level 10
REWIEW:

This is really a beautiful map. It has some of the best aspects of survival, arena and defense maps I have ever seen. It also has a very creative and easy combat and equipment system. It is very balanced and you can change difficulty, which is very good, because not many maps have that option. I have found no bugs or glitches or imbalances. This map has very creative abilities and weapons. Also, the roles of characters are clearly defined, and I think that there are not any abilities that would fit better for any class.
I also tested this map with my brother, who mostly hates every map he plays and enjoys when he finds a bug in any map, including the ones he makes. Although he didn't find any bugs, he looked very happy while we were playing.

So, here are the points:
Balancing - 9/10 (because killing zombies is kinda easy in the late game)
Systems - 10/10 (no bugs nor glitches, and they are very creative and original)
Gameplay - 9/10 (you sometimes miss a horde of zombie right in front of you, which is really annoying)
Terrain - 8/10 (there is nothing wrong with it, but it is not epic, and is kinda too simple)
Originality - 10/10 (in this map, the best aspects of few different kinds of maps are mixed together, and it turned out great; weapons, abilities and systems are also original)

OVERALL - 46/50 Highly Recommended - Director's Cut

This made me happy! Thanks!

About this; "(you sometimes miss a horde of zombie right in front of you, which is really annoying)"
Attack ranges (or damage areas of weapons) in this map is actually significantly higher than most units in standard Wc3. Maybe it's because of the degree of wc3 camera?
Again, thanks.

Level 5
Custom skills?

add some new skills to the hero else it would b abit boring just attacking, mayb instead of bow and sword there is also wands? and maybe make a new mode? btw i love this map! however after playing it awhile it becomes abit boring, i think there must b a little bit of variation. for the spell mayb instead of it being like achery, it would b a spell without a target, and the missle would just fly straight (like the game warlock)

Level 2
This is a great map! Me and my friends have had a great time playing it. Everything works perfectly and the whole concept is really awesome. The game could be longer in my opinion. It could include boss rounds. But otherwise it's an awesome map! :)

Level 3
Great scenario me and my friend finished it with tank dps archer combo it was tough but we made it!
Guide for tank: just improve first strenght and energy to the max dont buy weapons only shield and helms that require strenght and energy then when you collect enough money buy chest and then est weapon and take greater cnockback with shield and greater damage with shield feats!

Level 5
I'm home!! Thanks for the comments. In first version, my aim was to show my combat/equip system. Well I see the fun part is not good enough. In next version, I will add new types of creatures and items like goblin land mines or serpent wards.
About making a RPG, well I don't know but it takes really huge time my friend. I really don't know how to make that save/load systems (I don't know jass, i use GUI). But I may make a single player RPG game..

Make pvp arena, its easy and cool :D

Seariously make pvp arena :D this map is so cool and perfect :D if you are interested in sharing this with me i want to make ORPG or Arena map with this system's it is so fucking perfect for me. me and my mate played this to the 11 level/wave and its so awesome :). if you are interested giving me this system it would be so cool.Huge credit would be given to you(Or you can upload and say that we worked together on map, i just wanted to make map with this combat system and enchants :) )

Last edited:
Level 1
Hello everyone! I'm sorry. I didn't read all prev. comments but i know something about that echo. Earlier i had that problem. and it was really annoying. Echo happens because of sound settings....
I have the russian ver. of the game, but i'll try t explain.
main menu in the game -> settings (4-th button from above) -> sound (3-rd) -> button down on the screen. There must be:"Miles Emulated 3D".
BTW. Game is fun. Combat system is very nice. I dont like games (maps) where i need to push buttons, but your map.... is great! 15 waves of zombies a little boring. Maybe add some half-way boss (on 7-11 level). Boss is interesting. I put you 4.7/5.
One more thing, music. Dragon Age?

Last edited:

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Awesome map. Probably the first and only I've seen with such cool equipment system, including off-hand too! Love it. 10/10

One thing though: When you purchase an elite weapon, or epic.. don't remember. If you then buy another weapon, sell the epic and buy another epic, it will give you an error - that you cannot wield another epic but the one you bought.

That isn't really great, especially since I was trying the map alone and had to twink the tank build with what weapon I found best. Once I bought Grom's axe (whose visuals suck a little) I couldn't buy another. Maybe fix the variables to be set to zero once you sell the epic, so that you can try other epics. Or you did this intentionally?

Besides that, freaking awesome map.

Level 4
Combat and items system is lots of fun, but I did not like how right clicking enemies would just turn u instead of moving you towards them, and the game crashed when i got my storm rapier. game itself was kinda boring, but if you transferred over the item/combat stuff to another map it would be really cool.