1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Unholy Invasion v2.2b

Submitted by Conlan
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
INTRODUCTION

Unholy Invasion is a unique co-op Hero Survival map where 1 to 3 Players defend against hordes of zombies with various customized weapons and gear.

Here are some of the features of this map, for those who didn't see this map before;

Features
--Highly customized manual attack system; you can attack with a single weapon and bash with a shield, a two-handed weapon, a bow combined with a special arrow of your choice or with dual weapons. Each attack style have it's own attack animations, attack sounds, stats, abilities and more.
-Fast-paced combat with gore.
-A unique and easy equip system.
-22 Melee Weapons, 4 Special Arrows which can be combined with 7 Ranged Weapons, 8 Body Armors, 9 Helmets and 7 Shields, each with their own item models, stats and abilities.
-A knockback system which fits perfectly for a map of this kind. (Thanks to Paladon)
-A simple, yet nice custom stat system.
-Each equipped item shows on character and fitting perfectly, even quivers. (Hail to their respective owners!).
-Supports 1 to 3 Players and 3 Difficulties.
-Zombie numbers are proportional with Players. When a Player leaves, lesser zombies spawn.
-3 Specializations to choose from.
-12 Feats to further improve your playstyle.
-Lag free triggering.
-Much, much more to see!

Latest Updates;

Update 2.2 - 2.2b
-Dexterity now reduces attack cooldown (With a 50% cap). Combat is now faster.
-Added a new elite helmet; Helm of the Duelist.
-Added a new elite helmet; Assassin's Headguard.
-Prevented selection of enemies or other players in combat rounds.
-Boss now takes 25% reduced damage from critical hits.-Buffed Taunt passive.
-Nerfed Artifical Heart.
-Fixed some bugs.
-Changed some armor stat requirements.

Update 2.1b - 2.2
-Added new attack cooldown bars.
A bar that indicates the cooldown of your attack appears on your hero.
-Melee attacks now cannot be performed unless an enemy is in your weapon range. This prevents accidental misses.
-Removed camera lock command. Instead, players can now lock/unlock camera instantly by pressing "Q" in combat.
-Added a new health bar and a new selection circle.
-Some tooltip fixes.

Update 2.1 - 2.1b
-Equipment that normally have a stun ability now shatter enemy defense instead.
Shatter means enemy defense is temporarily reduced by 3.
-Added a new basic armor; Fiend Armor.
-Added a new elite armor; Deepwater Armor.
-Added a new elite ranged weapon; Arbalet.
-Removed generic "error" sound.
-Replaced "Runner" with a new feat; Initiator.
-Corrected the duration of Taunt armor reduction effect.
-Zombie Rally aura no longer effects Players.

Update 2.0 - 2.1
-Added a new base ability for Players; Charge.
Charge is a short-range dash which can be used to escape, knockback or damage enemies.
-Charge damage scales with Energy Stat.
-All Armors now modify Charge damage and knockback.
-All Special Abilities now have a passive effect.
-Remade Taunt ability.
-Remade Stamina system.
Moving now drains Stamina, while standing still restores it faster than before.
-Added a new elite two-handed weapon; Sulfuras.
-Significantly increased attack/use ability animation speeds of the Hero.
-Attacks and Charge ability now briefly shakes camera. Critical Hits shakes more.
-Strength now increases knockback, including ranged weapon attacks and Charge.
-Added a new combat music from Dragon Age.
-New ambient for combat rounds.
-Harder Boss.
-Right-clicking an enemy first time now makes your Hero face that enemy
-Greater Creeps now have Ensnare ability.
-Reworked Hard Hitter Feat and fixed knockback bug.
-Reworked Magic Quiver Feat and renamed it; Thrifty.
-Reworked Specialized Feat.
-Replaced Resistant with a new Feat; Cunning.
-Skull Cap, Horned Helm, Berserker's Helm and Avenger Helm now have new bonuses.
-Prevented resource trade.
-Fixed a bug when trying to shot with no arrows left.
-Significantly reduced Hero movespeed.
-Restoration Potions' triggered abilities are now more responsive.
-Improved Creep/Boss AI.
-Players now cannot attack/use abilities for 1.5 seconds after equipping a new weapon.
-Added Minimap terrain image.
-Reworked Artifical Heart.
-Added an equip/unequip sound.
-Prevented Patrol, which causes some bugs with the new Stamina system.
-New swing sounds for melee attacks.
-Nerfed ranged weapons and arrows.
-Modified critical chances of melee weapons.
-Overall balance changes.

Some examples of how the equipment looks like on our hero are below. Please note that some of the screenshots are old, but they'll give you an idea about the equipment system.

[​IMG]
New Demon Armor Shoulders! 28 May 2011
[​IMG]
New Full Plate Shoulders! 28 May 2011
Screenshots
[​IMG]
Only a quarterstaff equipped.
[​IMG]
Leather armor, skull cap, saber on main-hand and war mace on off-hand.
[​IMG]
Full plate mail, grand crown, emerald flamberge and a quiver of arrows
[​IMG]
Demon Armor, Bone Helm, Elven Bow and a quiver of arrows.
[​IMG]
Royal Armor, Berserker's Helm, Holy Shield, Vampire Sword and a quiver of arrows.

Forum Link

IMPORTANT NOTES:

*This map is protected.
*Loading a saved game causes the game to crash. There is no defeat condition however, you dont need to save and load your game, if you die, you can try as much as you want.
*In some widescreen resolutions, there are some missing texts in text boxes (usually "required stats" for some items). I recommend you to use a 4:3 resolution.

Keywords:
defense, hero defense, survival, zombie, unholy, unholy invasion, invasion, item, equipment, equip, attachment
Contents

Unholy Invasion v2.2b (Map)

Reviews
Date: 23:30:41 30-Nov-11 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Approved 5/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Useful Links: If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource...
  1. duke-zip

duke-zip

Resources:
    Resources:
    .......... OK

GREAT
    FRIKING
    MAP
    !!!

Lovely! Great attack system (manual swings offhand/mainhand), beautiful and multiple item models (yes, your sword will show), and TONS of items to go with that, so the models range soo much! This map reminded me of Dark Lineage Owen (my fav ORPG of all time). It had so much in common, custom weapon/armor models, and even an ESC menu. You wouldn't have happened to have anything to do with that map, would u? Lol. But once again, a type of game that's not particularly my style but i fall in love. If you make a save/load RPG with that attack system, and these models, i will send you a wedding cake to be delivered to Hawaii if u say 'I do'. With your skills and what you already have developed, it can't be that hard :X. Great map 5/5 all the way

2. Nekrowizard

Nekrowizard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My sound bugs when playing this. It might be on my end though, I'm not sure.
    I just wanted to let you know.

3. worms577

worms577

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's a good map but I don't really like kill zombies, kill zombies, kill zombies... Can you use other caracters, like murlocs zombies ( in the "skins" menu)
    4/5

Good job.

4. UnholyDobry

UnholyDobry

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Cool map it shows that u have some map makeing talent but its boring zombies zombies zombies... boss on the end is kinda cool, stamina after u get ur energy above 20 is nearly always full u shoud add something like maybe bigger map or something else. Ur talented map maker but not enaff fun 4/5

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  5. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Good idea but in a boring map.
    You should make a RPG with this cool equipement system.
    Btw for the models you have to credit the model creator (Kitabatake) instead of the site where you downloaded them.

6. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm home!! Thanks for the comments. In first version, my aim was to show my combat/equip system. Well I see the fun part is not good enough. In next version, I will add new types of creatures and items like goblin land mines or serpent wards.
    About making a RPG, well I don't know but it takes really huge time my friend. I really don't know how to make that save/load systems (I don't know jass, i use GUI). But I may make a single player RPG game..

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  7. duke-zip

duke-zip

Resources:
    Resources:
    Save/load system can be downloaded here at hive, right? I will be happy to be a tester and even help in any way I can :]. I have a few friends who can help test too. Singleplayer seems a bit wasteful :{

8. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Review
    Notice & Contact
    This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
    If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this [​IMG]Visitor Message.

Map Review
    1) Terrain - Good (4)
    2) Trigger -
    3) Minor Error - Excellent (5)
    4) Major Error - Excellent (5)
    5) Replay Value - Bad (2)
    6) Fun factor/gameplay - Bad (2)
    7) Use of imported material - Excellent (5)
    8) Single player - Excellent (5)
    9) AI support -
    10) Camera -
    11) Originality -
    12) File Size - Good (4)
    13) Internet/LAN Friendly -
    14) Balancing -
    15) Packaging - Good (4)
    16) Credits - Excellent (5)
    17) Storyline -
    18) Theme -
    19) Protection - Horrible (1)
    20) Quality - Average (3)
    21) Description/Information/Detail - Good (4)
    22) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Average (3)
    23) Game Mode - Average (3)
    24) Function - Excellent (5)
    25) Unit Placement -

Total Accumulation Point : 60/80 * 100 + (-26) (Review) = 49

[+] - This map have difficulty mode.
    [+] - All hotkey work well.
    [!] -
    [-] - Map protected and never mention.
    [-] - Echo sound is very annoying.

Review : Ok, the terrain at this map look quite good and the game play is fun.

Unfortunately, there is 1 thing the author of this map should have never set it up and that is a echo sound. The echo sound is extremely annoying and a real kill joy of this map, it certainly make people headache if we listening to the sound.

In addition, no statement indicate this map is protected.

Another -26 point for this map.

Rating & Miscellaneous information
    Score - 49/100
    Rating - 2/5
    Condition - Average
    Status - Approve
    Review - 1

Reminder
    The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
    Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this [​IMG]Visitor Message.

9. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What? What echoing sound? I don't have any?!

Oh 2 points after all those work..

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  10. George2307

George2307

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was Dissapointed with the Actual Game and found it Fairly Boring Slaying more and more zombies however I Really Liked the Combat System and the fact that Items Display on your Hero So Overall I would Rate this 4/5

11. Pooppyhead

Pooppyhead

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This map seems more like a demo to a full game cause it has a really cool system yet doesn't offer much besides killing zombies. The Items are pretty cool and I like how it works.

12. Lord of the Korn

Lord of the Korn

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's fun!

well kinda for 2 minutes, then there is nothing new
    hard to learn, but easy to master concept

you should seriously add some bosses, ranged weapons, spells and uhm things to the map

13. Pyramidhe@d

Pyramidhe@d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    me and my brother dl this game and we were like "MUHAHA we has two swords each" then we were like "KILL THE MOTHERF***ERS!!!" and then we were like "MUHAHAHAHA i mob kill". that was normally followed by "NOOO! tehy GANKING! F**k i died!!".
    hahaha good times. this game was really fun (for us anyways). we never got past the 9 level tho. i was too agro and always got killed(^_^;) leaving my brother to deal with like a hundred zombies

one thing i might add is some sort of trigger or a spell so your guy faces the nearest zombie. it will help with aiming.
    and when you have a shield, give some sort of defend ability like footman, on top of the defence stats. or an ability to push zombies out of the way with your shield.

+I rep you!\(^o^)/

14. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thanks for your comment, but I don't think the game is hard, at least for easy and normal :). If I have time, I will work on this map again, currently I was busy with my 2 other maps.

Edit: by the way, facing the nearest zombie with an ability is an interesting idea I'll think about this

15. duke-zip

duke-zip

Resources:
    Resources:
    nooooo nooooo, not defend ability, but manual block, like in Jedi arena ^^. Conlan what is this 2nd map u speak of?

But anyway, i think people with shields should upgrade dex for armor, or mana for block or something, just not str. Reason? Zombies are pretty much locked onto the person with the lowest hp, so it would help with tanking to be focused on the hits :p. That or reconsider some zombie behavhior. As of now, too many things are STR based, just in general, needs more diversity in builds, but this is just suggestions for the future

16. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have 4 maps on this site duke-zip :) All of them (except Minas Tirith perhaps, since it is an old map) are big projects for me.

17. Jedi §layer

Jedi §layer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great map!

Me and my cousin was playing Wc3, and suddenly I found this map in my map folder. We tried it and it was really fun to play. He tried dual-wielding, but he died 1/6 of the rounds leaving me to kill about 70-100 zombies with first the sabre and a weak shield, then the katana. It was quite easy by using hit-and-run tactics to get rid of the zombies. We did it on easy just for trying it out and we enjoyed it. Frostmourne should have a little more power, and maybe different models on the hero to choose from.
    Ranged? Mage? Maybe that would be a bit difficult to play.
    Replay could be interesting even though you just kill zombies, it is fun trying to use different weapon-combinations and with more/less players participating.
    I think you deserve 4.6/5 for for this.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  18. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thnak you for your comment. This map needs some work, it is bug-free but needs some fun elements. This first version was mainly for showing my equip&combat system.
    If I have free time, I'll work on it, and probably add additional types of zombies and bosses.