1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Unhappy Hive Community

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Crayons, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crayons

Crayons

Resources:
    Resources:
    Something I noticed here is that you guys are gloomy. How I noticed this is that at the first time I hanged around the Chat room I was met by silence. And almost every reply to my every chat message which is friendly and happy is a serious, emotionless, sad, that is almost near bashing 1-5 word sentence. Only some people are exceptions and are like me.

Another is that a certain user which shall not be named bashed me in a whisper and tells me that my IQ is comparable to goldfish. What? Was it because my happiness is annoying him. He told me he is waiting for a serious discussion in THW chat which means he is used to seriousness and that being used to is a sign that people here are unhappy.

After I saw this, I told myself that I need to make you back into your young, happy selves. And, I dont see a rule about this type of message so dont ban me or anything(Ensuring action only, saw this certain circumstance in another game)

2. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Emorage is emorage. Let us live with it.

3. supertoinkz

supertoinkz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    By IQ, you mean IP?

4. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    more like, bored community

5. Crayons

Crayons

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol, IQ, the intelligence.
    Not bored community. UNHAPPY

6. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Unhappy, because we returned to school. Plus, l2google. Google WINrar.

7. Crayons

Crayons

Resources:
    Resources:
    And a moderator who is supposedly happy got pissed off by us

8. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    GAHAHAHAHA.

If anything, that statement sure brings some happiness into my "gloomy" life.

Seriously though, the Hive is just another internet community in which 14 years old people try to act as if they were 41. While acting oh-so-serious, happiness is obtainable mainly via laughing at others, trolling and increasing egos, which is why no one will actually achieve being mature. Last but not least, everyone is looking to compensate and hide their real mistakes, making me often think of the internet as a material form of a Freudian dream. The list goes on.

As a pointer, I think this quote applies pretty accurately:

"War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way 'til you can." - Churchill.

Make the most of it.

9. Crayons

Crayons

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol, I'm in school and I AM SO HAPEEEEEEEEe

10. -Peper-

-Peper-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    US... yes....
    And the mods not pissed off, they just kidding. Don't think about Fidiocy and KnohGralb again...

11. Crayons

Crayons

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mr. Zombie, I dont like being serious, I'm smarter when I'm not serious. Like EINSTEIN smart. Makes my brain active

12. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, it's well known that a few people need to mock others just so they can feel good. If you want to use our Chat, you'll have to get used to it.

13. Crayons

Crayons

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am getting used to it but not to be affected to it. I SHALL CONTINUE MY HAPPINESS SPREADING

14. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    People here don't like to act gay.

15. Crayons

Crayons

Resources:
    Resources:
    Being happy is gay? WTF?!! Then almost every kid is gay, and you while playing games is gay

Nearly everything is gay with you people.

Edit:
    Oh wait sorry, gay in old dictionary is happy
    Except only if you're referring to the other gay

{EDIT}
    Ah sorry rui I thought you were talking about unhappiness
    Yes, I'm used to unfriendliness the proof of this is I am a Tanker in WoW but the problem I am pointing out is UNHAPPINESS.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2010
  16. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I really thought of whether I should take this as contributory or just delete it and give you negative reputation.
    There are people who can live happily without caring for society's stupidity. And no, people here don't like to act gay, they prefer to spend their time attempting to gain approval of the community with detriment of a few others, in an expression I once read, trying to be the coolest cat in the house. And it's sad how some people even go as far as shattering their dignity and/or identity just to achieve that goal.

17. En_Fuego

En_Fuego

Resources:
    Resources:
    We're in school that MAKES our lives miserable...no sleep, heavy loads of homework, and a lot of pressure to get good grades on final exams...

At least I am. I don't know how everyone else handles grad school.

18. Tank-Commander

Tank-Commander

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Or said person may be bored of the sillyness and wants to have a decent conversation with somebody or was waiting for a serious convo in hope that somebody might say something funny and add it to the qdb.

Talking to people about a serious matter is found enjoyable by some, especially if you have been talking to people whom won't take a matter you want to talk about seriously.

Anyways, if you where met by silence than chances are you joined at the wrong time of the day, it's lot more lively at certain times.

on a side note:
    Unhappiness is a part of everyone, without sadness we would never be complete, we wouldn't improve ourselves intentionally simply because we'd be at peak happiness as we were, thus abolishing the need to develop technical advancements to make life easier and suchlike.
    The hive's chatroom can be used as a 'fire extinguisher' of sorts to release stress, thus generating a negative impression on first-timers. It's not neccercarily people being unhappy but more like people trying to reelease any stress so that they can return to being happy.

19. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Inconceivable!

Helping people is inherently risky. While you try to make them happy, they are just as likely to make you frustrated.

And if there's one thing people at Hive know how to do, it's how to frustrate you.

20. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    If that was me, lol. If not, never mind this post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.