• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unhappy Hive Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Something I noticed here is that you guys are gloomy. How I noticed this is that at the first time I hanged around the Chat room I was met by silence. And almost every reply to my every chat message which is friendly and happy is a serious, emotionless, sad, that is almost near bashing 1-5 word sentence. Only some people are exceptions and are like me.

Another is that a certain user which shall not be named bashed me in a whisper and tells me that my IQ is comparable to goldfish. What? Was it because my happiness is annoying him. He told me he is waiting for a serious discussion in THW chat which means he is used to seriousness and that being used to is a sign that people here are unhappy.

After I saw this, I told myself that I need to make you back into your young, happy selves. And, I dont see a rule about this type of message so dont ban me or anything(Ensuring action only, saw this certain circumstance in another game)

Level 35
Another is that a certain user which shall not be named bashed me in a whisper and tells me that my IQ is comparable to goldfish.

GAHAHAHAHA.

If anything, that statement sure brings some happiness into my "gloomy" life.

Seriously though, the Hive is just another internet community in which 14 years old people try to act as if they were 41. While acting oh-so-serious, happiness is obtainable mainly via laughing at others, trolling and increasing egos, which is why no one will actually achieve being mature. Last but not least, everyone is looking to compensate and hide their real mistakes, making me often think of the internet as a material form of a Freudian dream. The list goes on.

As a pointer, I think this quote applies pretty accurately:

"War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way 'til you can." - Churchill.

Make the most of it.

Level 9
Being happy is gay? WTF?!! Then almost every kid is gay, and you while playing games is gay

Nearly everything is gay with you people.

Edit:
Oh wait sorry, gay in old dictionary is happy
Except only if you're referring to the other gay

{EDIT}
Yes, it's well known that a few people need to mock others just so they can feel good. If you want to use our Chat, you'll have to get used to it.
Ah sorry rui I thought you were talking about unhappiness
Yes, I'm used to unfriendliness the proof of this is I am a Tanker in WoW but the problem I am pointing out is UNHAPPINESS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
People here don't like to act gay.
I really thought of whether I should take this as contributory or just delete it and give you negative reputation.
There are people who can live happily without caring for society's stupidity. And no, people here don't like to act gay, they prefer to spend their time attempting to gain approval of the community with detriment of a few others, in an expression I once read, trying to be the coolest cat in the house. And it's sad how some people even go as far as shattering their dignity and/or identity just to achieve that goal.

He told me he is waiting for a serious discussion in THW chat which means he is used to seriousness and that being used to is a sign that people here are unhappy.

Or said person may be bored of the sillyness and wants to have a decent conversation with somebody or was waiting for a serious convo in hope that somebody might say something funny and add it to the qdb.

Talking to people about a serious matter is found enjoyable by some, especially if you have been talking to people whom won't take a matter you want to talk about seriously.

Anyways, if you where met by silence than chances are you joined at the wrong time of the day, it's lot more lively at certain times.

on a side note:
Unhappiness is a part of everyone, without sadness we would never be complete, we wouldn't improve ourselves intentionally simply because we'd be at peak happiness as we were, thus abolishing the need to develop technical advancements to make life easier and suchlike.
The hive's chatroom can be used as a 'fire extinguisher' of sorts to release stress, thus generating a negative impression on first-timers. It's not neccercarily people being unhappy but more like people trying to reelease any stress so that they can return to being happy.

Helping people is inherently risky.
Can't agree more,
While you try to make them happy, they are just as likely to make you frustrated.
Also true, 2 many times, users didn't even say thanks for helping them... It's really sad.
And if there's one thing people at Hive know how to do, it's how to frustrate you.
Yes, they know, but if you look at whole internet community you will find same shit everywhere...

At the other hand, there were few moments, for sure, when users acknowledged your work, and appreciated what you did! I am sure that you remember such even now, just like myself, or some other dude out there, we all remember good stuff and try to forgot bad ones!

Internet, real life there is no difference, you can always turn your back and walk away from person that bothered you!

And at the end, because this IS internet you can always use tools and codes that don't exist in real life! Add troublesome users into ignore list, that should help for sure!

Don't worry THW staff is here for reason, you can also always report insulting thread, post, user, they will always try to help!

Level 15
Meh, the hive is unhappy because something has changed it really much, I dont know what it is, but now the hive gives a wierd feel....

The Hive has always been filled with this kind "seriousness".

It's just how people are. A lot of people have previously described it in this thread.

Also, I'd like to note, the Hive used to be a lot less friendlier when Brad was a moderator...he was a cool guy, but not around "new" people.

Level 35
I do have to ask, as you obviously enjoy school, you sound like you'd have at least a couple of close friends in rl. In which case, why are you worrying about how randoms on the internet behave?

Sounds like you were being too 'unserious' on the hive chat, anyway, if a mod got pissed off at you. They don't get pissed off for no reason.

Funnily enough, some people grow up and are serious while being happy. I like to be silly in a serious way. It's serious business, this silly acting. You must be acting silly in the wrong way. Get serious about it. The more serious you are about being silly, the better you'll be at it. Get a job, you hobo.

Last edited:
Level 22
The Hive has always been filled with this kind "seriousness".

It's just how people are. A lot of people have previously described it in this thread.

Also, I'd like to note, the Hive used to be a lot less friendlier when Brad was a moderator...he was a cool guy, but not around "new" people.

No, no, more like when Mecheon was moderator. He would just post how stupid your request is if he didnt like it. I never cared much actually.

This is internet, what's the big deal? Emo thread.

Level 9
PEOPLE, I accept what you say except of course Wazz, I"M NOT A FREAKIN HIPPIE. I have friends but I am a normal student too. In fact, I am doing multitudes of homework right now

I'm not hurt about this unhappiness, I'm just pointing it out, IF YOU PEOPLE WERE HAPPY SOME OF YOU MIGHT GET REAL LIVES(THIS IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES).

And also the bashing, I was not hurt by it because it sounds stupid and i'm used to the more serious kinds. I wont report it or ignore the guy. Because sadness is opposite of happiness thus needed for it to occur and we may end up as friends

And Pyramidhead, sorry. I was not making you my personal clowns, I only wanted you people to change your moods, BECAUSE SAD PEOPLE WOULD DESTROY THE WORLD. And in the chat, I wasn't even greeted by a single hi or hello or yo or whatever

To the people who replied with the traditional real life reply... don't you people know how to read?
Lol, I'm in school and I AM SO HAPEEEEEEEEe
that equals to great real life

I must say I'm inclined to agree... there are sadly a good few, moody, active and "killjoying" individuals around the hive, but it's not everyone, I guess no matter where you go people someone will always be down and uptight about things ;p
I agree

The other stuff arent what I was pointing out

Level 35
Now you're just flaming. I never called you a hippy. Check my post, quote me if you like. I never said anything of the sort.

In addition to this, you're insinuating that we don't have real lives. That's flaming. And slightly hurtful. Just because we have fully developed reproductive organs does not mean we don't have real lives. If anything, it means we have awesome lives. Awesome lives that are awesomer than being happy in school.

AND insinuating that we do not know how to read. Despite the fact we obviously participate in electronic communication via a forum, which basically requires reading in order to be a capability. Dyslexia is a serious disease, you should not take it lightly. Just because dyslexia causes difficulty in reading does not mean it doesn't have its advantages, either. People with dyslexia think in 3-Dimensions, and often find themselves being very talented in many fields other than reading, such as rocket science and the likes. Poking fun at people with dyslexia is a good way to make enemies. Just be careful next time you decide to use the term lightly. You'll hurt less feelings. And then we can all be happier. Unless that's not what you want?

Level 9
hmm, Unhappy person

Wazz, you only edited your post to make me look bad

OK SORRY. I'm not even sure if I was even flaming because it doesnt look so. But you pointed out facts and became an optometrist or optomologist. And some of you insinuated that I didnt have a real life. Like WTF?!! So I insinuated that some of you didnt have real lives. Because you hurt feelings. And that made me want justice. Unless that's not what you want?

Level 35
I do not edit posts to make people look bad. I am insulted by this false accusation. Apologize or risk being reported.

I think becoming an optometrist requires some form of training in the field. As for optomologist, I do believe that could well be the new cult religion, so I wouldn't really want to become one of them when they exist.

You appear to know that you insinuated that some of us don't have real lives. And you wonder why we do it back. Shame on you. Your mother must be very dissapointed.

Level 9
Miss foxy, I edited that long before it was noticed
Thanks for the comment on my life

Your mother also wazz, I wont apologize,

Your wits are getting a bit funny Wazz.

optomologist is a wrong spell wazz. You laugh about it. It's fine, I'm laughing about it too

Level 18
At some times ypu could compare the chat to a filled room with people that have different ideas of what they find to be fun.

I like talking about subjects that interest me (and for some this subject might be warcraft 3 related, while for others warcraft 3 related talk is better left to the forum), but I do often find the chat to be getting uninteresting. That's when I usually go afk to do other things that I like to do (that is if I'm not busy doing schoolwork).

Trying to make all users happy is most likely going to fail if other users in the chat aren't there for the same reason.

PS: A lot of users don't like /me talk. :p

Okay, do not start another serious Debate here....
Chill down you guys.... :)

I actually find this debate to be quite interesting. :3

Level 35
And now you're starting to see the fun side of being 'serious'. With enough of this you will realise that speaking to people on the internet results in a lot of trolling, which is amazingly fun to do, so long as you do not cross lines that are clearly defined by the majority's perspective.

The whole idea of being insulted in chat is it's just a bit of fun. Unless they say something completely out of line. But that's not really going to be found on the chat without a mod doing something about it. That's how Hivers generally befriend each other. And people in RL, too. It's all about ridiculous banter going back and forth, saying this and that between your mates and remembering to have a good laugh about it.

In other words, it's our way of saying 'welcome to the hive, now don't forget you're place'.

FYI, the goldfish comment didn't cross any lines, it's just not that funny. For some reason, any sentence involving the word goldfish loses any comedic value from my perspective. It's not a very funny word. It's kind of tedious. Saying it on PM in the chat clearly indicates his lack of confidence in its comedic value. I wouldn't really worry about it.

Level 22
FYI, the goldfish comment didn't cross any lines, it's just not that funny. For some reason, any sentence involving the word goldfish loses any comedic value from my perspective. It's not a very funny word. It's kind of tedious. Saying it on PM in the chat clearly indicates his lack of confidence in its comedic value. I wouldn't really worry about it.
For this i agree with Wazzz, Goldfish is not that sarcasm. But for other people.....well, it hurts.

Level 9
Sorry Billy for annoying the community

Wazz: You see we're starting to become friends. I dint say that the goldfish comment crossed lines. I was laughing at it myself and told the guy to think of a better bash, because goldfish? Huh? What? When? Where?

And wazz, please, can you lessen being a jerk, you are the one forgetting your place. Now I know how you guys say hello. But, IM JUST POINTING IT OUT. Thats what happens when someone is new to a type of society.

Status
Not open for further replies.