• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Underlings of Azeroth (oRPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Main Idea:
Takes place in early days of Azeroth in a fictional (well, sort of double fictional as there is no such place as Azeroth) region, which is beginning to be settled. The idea is you play as one of the "lesser" races.

One day, a picture will go here with some crazy writing. For now, just imagine the writing. I am. And it is AWESOME.

Gameplay:
At the start of the game, you will need to avoid getting hunted by the various races, and slowly start a nest (or colony or whathaveyou) to raise some offspring and defend your species. Later in the game, you will be able to fight other players, or later, take on stronger races and push them out of the region.

Hopefully, the AI factions will be randomly placed every play session and will develop slowly, harvesting forests and building bases. You will have to avoid them mostly, and will require an a alliance of players to take them out. That is the main goal, but apart from that, there are no quests or missions.

Races and Classes: (more to come, feel free to request)
Murloc
-Shadow-Gill
-Cliffrunner
Kobold
-Shoveler
-Tunneler
Harpy
-???
-???
Gnoll
-Poacher
-Wacker
?Secret Race?
-???
-???

Features:
Party System - 70% done?
Basically with will be a Multiboard where you can keep track of your units' and friendly units' health and mana and level.
Base Building - 0% D:
You can build bases, but not in a melee-map style or what most RTS are. The units are not controlled by you! You get the units to assist you with combat, but you have little control of the ins and outs of the base. More info to come.
Mediocre Terrain! - 5%
Damn right!
Evolution - 0%
Each class will evolve at level 15 into a more specialized class, depending on the spells they have chosen. This also makes you bigger. Also you will get bigger at level 30. Max level is 35, except your spells die out by level 30, but you still get bigger from that point on wards. It is worth it, I think.
Overly ambitions feature #4 - 0%
Every map needs a feature that will get removed out of laziness, so I have put this here to compensate.

Screenshots:
Not much to show as of yet...
52963285.jpg

IwannahelpIwannahelpIwannahelp:
For now, I just need someone who can make spells on request. Hopefully JASS, and MUI and Leakless. Apart from that they will have no input. Can do the rest myself. I hope.

Questions? Feedback welcome.

Last edited:
Level 11
I think the secret race should be like... uhh some bandits?? haha but thats just me... i like the idea, but i mean mostly every game played has at least one human race, so why not a bandit race? :D hehe

Level 2
I am not going to say much about the secret race, except that it will be something not from the Warcraft universe. I don't really want to use a race like Centaurs or Humans, because they are a little to "evolved" you get what I mean. I am thinking of replacing harpies, any suggestions?

Haha, oh gosh you have got to be kidding, there is more to Warcraft then just DotA. Yes what Masken said.
And besides, I am just using the name, all the skills will be original.

Lol no, x man with that black blink name was Nightcrawler and he has more less same abilities in dota (Ultimate can be that blink and etc)

Btw many dota heroes, items, spells are based on funny things from all over the world!

Monkey King bar is name for crossbow in DIABLO 2 and etc...

Bone Fletcher name is based on Clint Eastwood

Swen name was in older versions something like Arnold Schwarzenegger can't remember right now!

Zeus is still God from Olympia

and many many more!

Level 14
@-Kobas- : It is NOT funny to tell people they're stealing ideas.Especially when they don't.

Good luck, dude, sounds nice..

Level 24
Nice idea but you need to ad the 5 dragonflights (not as playeble race) becose after all it´s their duty to protect the "leser" races. And it should be fun to see the ancestor of all dragons the proto-drake Galakrond and his children Malygos the Spellweaver, Alexstrasza the Life-Binder, Ysera the Dreamer, Nozdurmo the Timless One and Neltharion the Earth Varden (now known as Deathwing).

Status
Not open for further replies.