• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Under Construction: Stonewatch Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I've been working on the last few parts of the map that had no terrain yet.
Here's something I've been working on today.

Stonewatch Hold.

It used to be a Tauren encampment, but it has been captured by the Gryphonwing Alliance. Under command of Lieutenant Stonebeard various humans, dwarves and elves stay in the encampment to get ready to take back some of the lost dwarven area's near the orc starting zone.
This will be a multifunctional area
If Bloodbane players manage to get it back they will be able to do various quests from the Tauren in the encampment. Reminder: Taurens aren't playable. They're friendly with the orcs but don't interfere much in war situations.

Various events will take place in here. Just like the Library this is a place for both Gryphonwing and Bloodbane players.

More screenshots will come when I've done some more on this area.:)

EDIT: Added a second screenshot.
EDIT2: Area nearly finished. Only the looks from the outter walls should change a bit. But here are 3 more screenshots.

Attachments

• WorkInProgress.png
    WorkInProgress.png
    1 MB · Views: 218
  • WorkInProgress2.png
    WorkInProgress2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 260
  • Stonewatch.png
    Stonewatch.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 202
  • Stonewatch1.png
    Stonewatch1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 202
  • Stonewatch2.png
    Stonewatch2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Level 19
Added 3 more screenshots of the (nearly finished) area.

The tauren, you see, will play a death animation when the game starts and will be unselectable but they will disappear if the orcs have taken back the area.
In the 'pit' in the middle you will see a few war dogs chewing on the dead tauren.:)

Level 19
Yeah true. But there are hardly doodads left that I can use for this without making it too busy. I will use lots of units that will move around or form attack groups etc. I think the AI will make the area more interesting then it already is.
But for props I can only think of, torches, banners, barrels, benches and barricades...

Status
Not open for further replies.