• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Undead Siege of dalaran insane mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
For this mission please don't make the aura stronger or the 3 archmages maintaining the aura a lot stronger, it could make the difficulty ridiculous. I suggest making the Ai a lot better for this mission and upgrading the bases protecting the archmages.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
(Moved to player feedback)

In the past I have always upgraded the enemy heroes as part of insane mode.
Tbh, I think it would be kinda necessary to stop the frost-wyrm rush hero tactic that players will be using on normal mode.

What makes you think the difficulty would become rediculous?

Level 12
The Archmages will most probably be upgraded. All the previous heroes got upgraded on insane.

I think upgrading the bases won't stop the repetitive Frost-Wyrm rushes. The aura can cripple that tactic greatly, now there's also no need to make the aura amazingly harmful. Maybe add elite guards near the Archmages that specialize at killing air units while dealing medium damage to ground units.

Level 18
It's all up to how resourceful the player is. If you take just one Abomination with a level 1 or level 2 Death Pact, it should all be manageable. Don't forget that an Archmage isn't very hard to kill and you would usually only use your heroes or even only Arthas.

And the Frost Wyrm tactic should not be nerfed, it's a viable strategy. You'll get your ratings down for spending a lot of time mining and teching. Additional air defense is a bright idea, though.

You can also increase the damage dealt by the shield to air units.

Level 18
Since chapter seven of the undead campaign has already been released, I have decided to close this thread.
If you're unsatisfied with the insane difficulty of the map, open a new thread for discussion with an appropriate title.

Lich Prince: I am marking this thread Accepted since the Archmages haven't been made too powerful (only level increase and special abilities added), Anti-Undead Aura's damage was unchanged and the AI was obviously upgraded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.