• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Undead Campaign Difficulty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
First of all, congratulations for such a awesome work in this campaign. It's really nice play them with 2 players.

Now, I have some complains about the difficulty in the Undead Campaign. Basicaly, the Insane difficulty is still easy and me and my friend are not pro players:

Chapter 1: Trudging through the Ashes

I did it all alone. My friend was with a lot of lag and delay, so he didn't move his hero and just used the Shade. I went in with Arthas and saved all the Acolytes.

Suggestion: Make some parts where you must fight agains some soldiers, nothing really hard, since you both are level 1 or 2.
Chapter 2: Digging up the Dead

Another easy on Insane, but not that much.

Put some Ghouls, or even the second hero, to stop footmen and attack with 5 or 6 Wagons.

Suggestion: None for now...
Chapter 3: Into the Realm Eternal

The easiest of this campaign. Seriously, I won this chapter alone. I put a computer slot, used the code we have, haunted both gold mines and did 4 Ghouls, 4-5 Wagons and 6 Necros. It took me a few tries to enter in the last town, but still.

Suggestion: Sylvanas is a real threat. Her Solar Flare is really annoying and a little laggy. Make the Priests dispel more, My skeletons did most of the job while Wagons take down the towers.
Chapter 4: Key of the Three Moons

Again the Wagon + Necro combo was supreme. My friend did only Fiends to web the Dragonhawks, while my Skeletons take all the damage and Wagons attack mercilessly.

Suggestion: Again, Dispel. Without so many Skeletons this chapter would be a lot harder and Solar Flare does not affect zeppelins, so you can easily micro to load units and avoid this ability.
Chapter 5: The Fall of the Silvermoon

Too easy to stop the Runners. Specially with 2 players. Sylvanas' base was not that hard to destroy too. And again Necro + Wagon combo.

Suggestion: Dispel... and more Dragonhawks, they are really annoying and powerfull. Oh, make Sylvanas attacks too. Most of the time were just their soldiers. Make the Phoenix stronger too.
Chapter 6: Blackrock & Roll, Too!

Wagons + Necro... didn't work anymore. =(

Orcs are too powerfull for that. I was surprised to see Shadow Hunter, Tinker and Alchemist in this chapter. Nice, but... easy.

We both did Frost Wyrms, only Frost Wyrms. My friend made some Fiends while I went tier 3, but then only FW. Was a nice rape. =P

Suggestion: Nanananananananana... HA ME! Yes, maybe a few Batriders or Wind Riders to stop them or Troll Berserker. Only that few Vorse Riders wasn't enought. Poor Red Dragons...
Chapter 7: The Siege of Dalaran

Frost Wyrms again. Not only, I did 2 Abominations to tank those pesky Rifflemen, but still, the same strategy as before.

Suggestion: Dragonhawks, were are they? Gryphonriders are not that strong against Wyrms and Gyrocopters fall like flies! Believe me, the first Archmage was the hardest to kill because there were 6 Rifleman in front of him. And what about that last Fountain of Health in front of Antonidas? He was the easiest to kill because of that.
We didn't play the last chapter yet...

One more thing. You are editing the campaigns, come on, put more extras! Hide more things in the trees and create more surprises to us.

General suggestions: Put a date and version on the loadscreens, it makes easier for players to recognize if they are playing the last version.

If possible, shorten the save codes, some of them are too long and those annoying "l" that looks like "I" and vice versa, try to avoid them.

Well, keep with the amazing work guys. If possible, I would like to help with the two last Campaigns, they are my favorite and I hope all this feedback can help you. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 18
No, but it appears there was a bug that could sometime corrupt your code and force you to play on an incorrect difficulty, where only some of the changes are applied, while some are ignored, causing mild results.
Since this was only fixed in 2.1, it might be possible that some of the maps you've been playing were using a normal AI with insane upgrades.

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
Thanks for the in depth reviews, but I really do not want to prat around on the older levels with the difficulties for the 'perfect difficulty'.
I will step in maybe if it is way too hard, or way too easy.
Its just I'm struggling to get do what I've got.

Regarding some of your points such as;
- encouraging the Priests to use dispell, I'm not sure I know how I'd do that
- Frost Wyrms - they've always been strong (not a lot I can do except weaken them!)
- Dragonhawks are mostly Frozen Throne units, so I didn't really add them, I maybe could've
- For the versions being on the loading screen, I don't really want to add more there, its looks pretty clustered already. You can see the version on the map description when you are looking at them on the game list.
- For the save/load codes I have used colours so that you shouldn't get confused between the symbols
- Remember that the code is storing information for 2 heroes and level information, so I'm afraid it is quite long. The only way to shorten it would be to add more characters, (you are telling me to remove them!)

However I'll keep in mind how you found it all a bit easy,
And try make the insane difficulties for the next series a big harder.
(But remember they might've bugged and things such as the enemy upgrades won't have worked)

Level 5
Thanks for the in depth reviews, but I really do not want to prat around on the older levels with the difficulties for the 'perfect difficulty'.
I will step in maybe if it is way too hard, or way too easy.
Its just I'm struggling to get do what I've got.

Regarding some of your points such as;
- encouraging the Priests to use dispell, I'm not sure I know how I'd do that
- Frost Wyrms - they've always been strong (not a lot I can do except weaken them!)
- Dragonhawks are mostly Frozen Throne units, so I didn't really add them, I maybe could've
- For the versions being on the loading screen, I don't really want to add more there, its looks pretty clustered already. You can see the version on the map description when you are looking at them on the game list.
- For the save/load codes I have used colours so that you shouldn't get confused between the symbols
- Remember that the code is storing information for 2 heroes and level information, so I'm afraid it is quite long. The only way to shorten it would be to add more characters, (you are telling me to remove them!)

For Priests, try something like, a unit is attacked, attacked unit is a skeleton, then count how many skeletons are near that one and order Priest to use or not Dispel.

Dragonhawks are a RoC unit, but introduced later as a melee unit in TFT with new abilities and less damage, but you used TFT heroes in the chapter you fight against Orcs.

I noticed the colors on the save/load code, but didn't know they have a reason. How does it work? Like, blue for capital letters, green for number, etc?

Anyway, thank you all for the attention. Me and my friend will try the version 2.1 and then I come back here to confirm, or not, this. =)

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
They are good suggestions,

Its just that I can't imagine the priest one being completely fool proof (will probably interrupt the AI and healing), and not really wory the effort.

The dragonhawk one maybe.. but as I said I don't want to change much now.

And yeah, the colour thing should be obvious once you're looking for it.

Please don't be put off by my neglections for your suggestions, I really appreciate it.
But.. I've given my reasons, and I hope you remain a part of the project.

If theres anything you want to re-open once you've redone the campaign,
For example if you really insist that something must change, I will listen.

So I'll tag this thread as rejected, but leave it open, if you wanna post back.
(We can change the tag later)

Level 5
Well... sorry, but my friend disapeared, so I don't have how to give you more feedback for now.

However, I played the Orc and Nigh Elf campaign again and I figured out something. Probably one of the reasons of why I found it easy, its because of the armor matches.

In RoC campaign, the armors are different and the effectiveness too. For example, Heavy armor takes increased damage from Pierce attacks and Magic attacks doesn't existed. I don't know if it will make any difference in the UD campaign, but in Orcs and NE campaign it will.

It was pretty annoying seeing archers killing my Vorse Riders that easy. So, maybe, you guys should revised that part. '-'

Status
Not open for further replies.