• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Uncontrollable Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
In "Castle Fight" when units are peiodically created then sent to the enemy base/castle, when u click your own and try moving or doing anything with them they do not do anything you tell them to. How do you make a trigger like that? where they ARE your units, CAN be selected by you and ordered around, and yet dont follow your orders. Only the triggered path set out for them?:eekani::eekani:Im stumped lol. I need to know plz.

Level 4
In "Castle Fight" when units are peiodically created then sent to the enemy base/castle, when u click your own and try moving or doing anything with them they do not do anything you tell them to. How do you make a trigger like that? where they ARE your units, CAN be selected by you and ordered around, and yet dont follow your orders. Only the triggered path set out for them?:eekani::eekani:Im stumped lol. I need to know plz.

He has just Paused Last created unit that is it easy to do^^

That is the trigger
  • Pause
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit finishes the construction of a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Pause on (Last created unit)

Last edited:
Level 6
lol erm, wtf?
1:Wouldnt pausing a unit just make it unable to move?
and yet dont follow your orders. Only the triggered path set out for them
meaning i want them to be able to do anything, just though ignoring the commands you send them.
2:I tried the trigger, when you say "Last created unit"...it doesnt refer to the "unit finishes TRAINING a unit" (Cant even have construction due to that its a unit not a building...). So your trigger is also a bit flawed. lol but thanks for trying :confused:. More ideas anyone?

Level 20
And about moving, every 0.05 seconds of game time pick all units in playable map area matching condition that matching unit is not a structure and matching unit is not a worker and order picked unit to attack-move to a point. I think, that you know what I mean.

Level 6
Erm, did you both read this part?
and yet dont follow your orders
, if set to ward (Which i had done ages ago) you CAN still right-click and move them around, wheras in "Castle Fight" when moved around, the units dont lol. so thanks for trying but didnt answer it yet lol.:bored:.

Edit:wtf, that wud cause massive lag coz my map and "Castle Fight" both have or CAN have huge amounts o units.

Level 4
It would look something like....

• Events
  • Unit - A unit finishes the construction of a unit
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Unit - Order (Trained unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of (Playable map area))
I'm not entirely sure if it makes the unit uncontrollable, it does give it an order

wtyuhu
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
  • Conditions
    • (Owner of (Ordered unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (Ordered unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of (Playable map area))use this in combination with the trigger above
The trigger isn't good I know but it's something like it I'm eather way pointing you into the right direction XD

sry for don't edit -.-

Last edited:
Level 6
Wont work lol, in my map the units are harvesting from gold mines(multiple ones) and i cant do "harvet from nearest gold mine" becoz then 1 gold mine might have 2 workers on it while another has 0. So i cant specifically tel the unit to mine from that specific gold mine either becoz they r built in game so i cant set global variables to them either. Thanks for trying again lol, but still wont work.:bored:

I think I got it, use the ward classification, and then use this trigger
  • No unit Controll
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Ordered unit)) Equal to Footman
          • UnitOrdered Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Set UnitOrdered = 1
          • Set TempLocA = (Position of Castle)
          • Unit - Order (Ordered unit) to Attack-Move To TempLocA
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLocA)
          • Set UnitOrdered = 0
        • Else - Actions

Level 6
1:Graystuff111:
Yesterday 11:54 AM
YAY_WOOT_YAY Wont work lol, in my map the units are harvesting from gold mines(multiple ones) and i cant do "harvet from nearest gold mine" becoz then 1 gold mine might have 2 workers on it while another has 0. So i cant specifically tel the unit to mine from that specific gold mine either becoz they r built in game so i cant set global variables to them either. Thanks for trying again lol, but still wont work.
so the global trigger "TempLocA" cant work in my map (Although in Castle Fight im sure it works) :cry: lol so now the queston changes to:
"How do i find in actions somethng like "Previous Order". For example:

Event: a unit is ordered targetting object/point/no target.
Condition:Blah blah
Actions: set order[variabe] = (Previous Order)//the one before the player issued
//this new order
Order (ordered unit) to issue (order[variable])

Or at least a trigger with that same effect.

2:GeKiller: wtf i aint german! lol i dont understand any of it soz. Anyway try working out the new question, since the "castle fight" example/aalogy cant be used anymore due to my special needs.:eekani:ty for trying though.

Perhaps i didnt make myself clear enough: I, now want, a trigger/action, that works to the same effect as this:

Event: a unit is ordered targetting object/point/no target.
Condition:Blah blah
Actions: set order[variabe] = (Previous Order)//the one before the player issued
//this new order
Order (ordered unit) to issue (order[variable])

So that the worker continues mining from that gold mine even though he has been issued an order somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.