• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Uh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
If I have a custom unit, what would the path for it be? And could I have multiple of the same unit model on the map, but each has a different skin?

Example:
I have two Dark Ranger type units as two different heroes.
One has a forest elf skin, and the other has an ice elf skin.

Is that possible?
--------------

Alright, Sopho told me that this couldnt be done, unless I did some extracting thing or something... :shock:

I have no clue how to do this so... :roll:

Could someone make me a separate model of the Dark Ranger with no glow? I have a skin I want to use on it, so it can be a normal unit, and so that it wont change the skins of all the other units I have that are going to use the Dark Ranger model, when I apply the skin to the new model with no glow.

Oh, and also, just so Im not a complete bother to everyone, could whoever is kind enough to help me, also explain how to do it in a very detailed fashion :? ? So in the future I won't need to ask for help. :cry:

Level 25
It can be done, and it requires extraction

Basiacly, download WC3 Viewer and WC3 File Converter from Tools, then extract the needed models by using Viewer, and then convert them to mdl using File Converter, change their path, then convert them back

And you'd better remove that part about requesting a glowless Dark Ranger from your post, otherwise I will warn you

Level 5
that file converter from this site just dont work... it sais error when i converts a .mdl file to a .mdx

Level 4
Mecheon said:
And you'd better remove that part about requesting a glowless Dark Ranger from your post, otherwise I will warn you

Why...are you like being sarcastic...or serious?

:shock:

Im scared.

Level 4
acolyteofdoom said:
Because your not allowed to request in this forum.

:shock:

Oh, sorry I didnt know. :cry:
------
Anyways, can anyone tell me the path for a knight?!?
I cant find it anywhere in the WC3 Viewer! :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.