• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[UB] Development Thread

Level 14
@Riki
Here including:
- The current version of UB, unprotected.
- Documents about unused resources and unused variables inside Object Editor.
- Proposed ideas/new features from last commended users.
- Ideas for custom spells, system triggers.
- Future Plans for project.

New releases and add/remove things from these documents.

Attachments

• UB_RuinsOfAlterac_v2.60.w3x
    163.4 MB · Views: 464
  • Future Plans.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 136
  • New Basic Concept.txt
    947 bytes · Views: 106
  • Random Ideas.txt
    8 KB · Views: 66
  • Software Name.txt
    670 bytes · Views: 60
  • Unused Icons.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Unused Models.txt
    2 KB · Views: 98
  • Minecraft.rar
    338.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Nerubian.rar
    722.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Starcraft.rar
    9.4 MB · Views: 89
  • Unused.rar
    10.1 MB · Views: 65
  • Warcraft 3 Icons.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 84
  • LightningData.slk
    24 KB · Views: 44
  • Bug Report.txt
    580 bytes · Views: 57
  • Notes.txt
    397 bytes · Views: 77
Last edited:
Level 14
I was reading all the documents and I like the ideas and concepts that you have.

For now, it's best to optimize spells and systems. Also, apply some balance changes so that all races are equally competitive.

What do you think?
Can't suggest more. Do as you see fit. Still, notice me if you encounter any unsolved errors with WE.
And you might consider to host UB Discord channel for people to test and play multiplayer, where I don't even pay attention with.

Last edited:
Level 27
Can't suggest more. Do as you see fit. Still, notice me if you encounter any unsolved errors with WE.
And you might consider to host UB Discord channel for people to test and play multiplayer, where I don't even pay attention with.

Ok, then I'll start as soon as I can with this.

And yes, although I'm not very active on Discord, I can take care of it and keep an eye on people's opinions.

Level 14
Riki. Since you are working on the main content, if nothing changes with unit ID and food cost, then I will create simple AI for other races in this time. Send me your exporting object editor data, with new things, and I will spend some time on it.

Level 27
Riki. Since you are working on the main content, if nothing changes with unit ID and food cost, then I will create simple AI for other races in this time. Send me your exporting object editor data, with new things, and I will spend some time on it.

I won't change anything about unit ID for now and I'll try to balance the units without modifying the food costs, so go ahead with the new AI.