• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where to post concepts of triggering/discussions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Since it did not receive much of an answer in the chat I want to adhere the question more formally.

There are basically three subforums featuring trigger work of wc3 in the Hive forums.

1. Triggers & Scripts/World Editor Help Zone: You ask for technical help only on either how a trigger can be fixed or how you even start to realize it.

2. JASS Resources: The place for explicit and ready-to-implement snippets of code, documentation as comments inside the code.

3. Trigger (GUI) Editor Tutorials and JASS/AI Scripts Tutorials of WarCraft III Tutorials: Methods get displayed in an elaborated and well-designed way in order to teach users who are not familiar.

Both the JASS Resources and Tutorials require approval to not end up in the Graveyard where nobody is allowed to continue the topic.

As you can see from the languages in which code resources are accepted, it alters with time. There are indeed new findings and stuff for the resource section needs to be developed first.

So I am wondering where can the coders post ideas and exchange information without providing a finished product, that is only possible to be explained in a limited scope anyway and that might not even make sense as a tutorial. The current situation seems to me like the development of things and permitted languages takes place via contacts and inside the chat.

The artists have their conception corners, the Idea Factory of Map Development is, well, for map development. There is not a general community area for mappers.

Status
Not open for further replies.