• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where to post StarCraft / Brood War mod-related stuff ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Where to post news about mods / maps / tools made by other people, for the original StarCraft / Brood War ?

Gamer's hub has no specific entry for it.

The StarCraft II forums are for... well... StarCraft II obviously. The StarCraft Nexus is about discussions unrelated to modding (though it might be the most appropriate place to post such stuff atm). Also, one may find Burning Ground in its Mods sub-forum, but it seems lost and out of place to me.

The Game development section has some StarCraft maps, but no official prefix for them (or so it seems), and the guidelines there are pretty clear ("This is not a forum to advertise").

Can someone please show me directions ? tia.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I 100% agree.

Also, do not forget there is still at least one SC/BW patch pending...

Currently, the only major BW mod news I saw here on THW, is about Burning Ground.
So many things (from broodwarai.com, or sc2-esp) have nearly disappeared...

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I know. Hive 2's layout emphasizes this.

I personally would say THW is more WC3 / SC2 related, though.

Yet, a little organized corner of Gamer's Hub for all other active Blizzard franchises might be nice. Sorry, Lost Vikings and Blackthorne fans... Plus, if the Diablo games has one, then why not SC/BW ? It might attract some SC1 posters, and help create ties with other Blizzard fan sites (?). The Hive's sense of community might very well be one of the many things which makes THW's forums worth it.

Keeping a SC/BW sub-forum separate from SC2 would help keep things organized, and enforce THW's strong identity, as a WC3 / SC2 modding site first and foremost.

In the past, there have been discussions here...
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/posts/2622650/ (please start from this post)
...and there...
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/posts/2822564/ (other posts are worth reading here too)
...about the future of THW.

I understood so far THW wants to create and develop long-standing ties with Blizzard, and become "the official Blizzard fan forum" (quoting @Shar Dundred here, but it has more or less been expressed elsewhere already). Blizzard is reading the Hive and other fan sites, and are interested in a continued info feedback loop. I believe it applies to all of their active games, including SC/BW.

However, I also do agree the Diablo forum is not very active, even with the 4 patches released this year for DII.

THW's Master Plan works in such mysterious ways...:confused:2

Status
Not open for further replies.