1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Tyr's Apprentice v1.5

Submitted by APproject
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Details
Tyr's Apprentice

v1.5

[​IMG]

Introduction

This is 60+ minutes gameplay long 3RD person point of view RPG in which you may take a role of nordic warrior and dive into adventures of searching evil sorcerer, who is determinded to start the war among scandinavians. Map contains unique fighting system, cinematics got voice recordings included, 32 custom items, many secret places and hidden items all over the map, bigger part realistic spells, great atmospheric music.

Story

Tyr, the god of combat in the mythology of norse, has sent an apprentice of his own to cleanse the land from an evil sorcerer. The prophecy of Tyr says: Strong and brave warrior shall stand against all-destroying magic and bring an end to calamitious times. Einarr the apprentice is determinded to achieve his goal by preventing slaughters across the norse, but will he succeed?

[​IMG]

Credits
The Hiveworkshop Models / Icons:

Kitabatake
DerReaper2
Sunchips
chilla_killa
ikillforeyou
CRAZYRUSSIAN
antihero
AbstractCreativity
Palaslayer
lelyanra
HappyTauren
SkriK
viiva
Mobilize
GooS
-Berz-
Forgotten_Warlord
Skipper
perfjert
ZIR
eubz
-SkatinG_CoW-
EvilCrizpy
JetFangInferno
Vermillion Edict
inhuman89
!!GORO!!
NFWar
Mr.Goblin
PeeKay
Amigurumi
Thrikodius
PrMosquito
kola
BlackRockClan
Devine
KelThuzad
Horn
Gottfrei
Dionesiist
Deolrin
Draknyte1
Chriz.
Kuhneghetz
darkdeathknight
Chaosfury
Tranquil
wojia10502
GreyArchon
Pyramidhe@d
paladinjst
ratamahatta
DonDustin
Daelin
Marcos DAB
-=Emergenzy=-
Sellenisko
hellblazer-14
-Grendel
Weep
Pyritie

UI Icy:
CRAZYRUSSIAN

Special thanks to:
eubz for his snowy grass model made by request
Spartipilo for the loading screen he made
MassiveMaster for jass-like camera system improvements

Knockback System:
Paladon

Charge System:
Zanekok & Pharaoh_

Music:
Loki - Heroes of Mythology

Sounds:
From all over the internet

Voice:
by APproject

Screenshots (Count: 8)
Screenshot 1.
[​IMG]

Screenshot 2.
[​IMG]

Screenshot 3.
[​IMG]

Screenshot 4.
[​IMG]

Screenshot 5.
[​IMG]

Screenshot 6.
[​IMG]

Screenshot 7.
[​IMG]

Screenshot 8.
[​IMG]

Changelog
v1.1

Credits correction
Typo corrections
Number of crystal spiders have been slightly reduced
Koltrund and Wolf have their damage reduced
Some of items now may be sold
Training got its price increased
Demolisher got its collision size increased
Fog in the labyrinth is now more thick
Weather effect have been added

v1.2

Camera system have been improved and modified into Jass script by MassiveMaster
Weather effect fix

v1.3

Icy console borders have been imported

v1.4

Trigger Editor was cleared of unnecessary triggers
Crystal Spider have its damage and level increased
NPCs now may talk instead of playing Quest Log sound
Fixed some trigger errors
Mountain Protector have its damage increased

v1.5

Cinematic skip issue while playing have been fixed
Quest Cave Beasts quest have been slightly improved
Some transmissions have been sligthty changed to better

Keywords:
Tyr, Tyrs, Tyr's, Apprentice, RPG, 3rd, person, view, norse, mythology, blue, winter, icecrown, harsh, approject, viking, scandinavia, warrior, combat
Contents

Tyr's Apprentice v1.5 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2011/Nov/12 01:07:01 Reasons: Other: Check out the models section for custom models made by the community: Models Section Check out the skins section for custom skins made by the community: Skins Section...
  1. MassiveMaster

MassiveMaster

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yea, I saw that you use different camera settings and already implemented them. Look into your triggers, everytime you turned on/off your different cameras, I replaced it with 'call SwitchCamera(-NumberOfCamera-)' (0=Deactivated, 1=Player, 2=Player2, 3=PlayerCharge...). This function is in your header there you can modify the settings of each of you cameras. If the camera is too far away just change the values there. But for now I have just copied the settings you used for the cameras into this function, so they should actually be the same. :grin:

Attached Files:

2. deaththekid

deaththekid

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    you really have that kind of coolness?
    this game is amazing 3rd person RPG so cool

3. Thunderstoren

Thunderstoren

Resources:
    Resources:
    i cant find the soccerer in the labyrinth =(

4. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh, sorry, I didn't notice it. Camera system is now really well done, I'd like to keep it, but there is another problem. Once I open your modified map I cannot Quick Play it or Save it due to script errors. I've found a mistake made and I'd like to change it and save it, also I would like to add your name to credits and change name of map to 1.2, but I cannot save it, it would not let me to.

Thanks.

Hehe. Well, keep looking! I'll give you a little hint - skeletons comes from the end of labyrinth, so you should follow the path the came to you. Good luck.

5. MassiveMaster

MassiveMaster

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh, then that's probably because my system is written with vJass syntax and you don't use the 'Jass NewGen Pack'. Didn't thought about that. :grin:
    But I'll try to rewrite it to normal Jass so you can save it with the normal editor. The code will not be that structured anymore and e.g. you can't name your functions/globals the same than mine, although I don't think that this will be a problem in this map. :wink:

EDIT:
    Ok, I rewrote it for you to plain Jass (attached it). Was some fiddling around until I found out that with the normal editor you can define globals only with the inconvenient 'Strg + B' modificator. :thumbs_down:
    Nevertheless you should now also be able to save the map with the normal editor, although I really recommend for you to use the 'Jass NewGen Pack' as it has many advantages, not only for scripting. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  6. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great job. I truly appreciate your work. Map have been updated with modified camera system of yours. Credits were given as well. Thanks.

7. izaiphovias

izaiphovias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey AProject... What about changing the UI?
    Your map is very unique and all, but... It still got the meh warcraft3 feeling because the standart interface. There is a great frozen UI here on Hive, that I think would fit well. ;)
    Anyway, just my poor opinion. ^^

Going to check the new camera now...

8. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great idea. Map updated with Icy UI by CRAZYRUSSIAN.

9. MassiveMaster

MassiveMaster

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for putting me in the credits. Also cool new Ice UI, fits very well. I played on with the map and I've to say quests, events, etc. are really well done. :thumbs_up:
    If you don't mind, i'd have some more suggestions:

1) The voiced dialogs are a bit too silent compared to the rest. At the scene in the war camp e.g. I had to turn up my speakers a lot to hear the dialogs. Once this explosion went off it nearly broke my speakers as loud as it was. :grin:
    So mabye just make the voiced dialogs a bit louder.

2)
    I also suggest adding a keyboard movement. It would be optional to use them or not then anyway. The only problem having both hands on the keyboard would be the aiming of the attacks. A solution could be that you trigger your abilities (at least the melee ones) to auto target the next enemy in front of you. If there isn't anyone near enough it would be a miss. That would make the attack system even cooler than befor, I think. :grin:
    If you want to do something like that and want some help, I'd be glad to help. :)

PS: You can delete the deactivated parts in the map. I just left them there to show you where I replaced the old camera system.

10. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hehe, yes, I must agree. Dialogs are really quiet. My mic is quite crappy so yelling would result in wind blows into membrana causing it to sound really bad. I tried increasing the amplitude of sound, but I couldn't go higher than that. My recorder also got messed up, so it is quite quiet. Another problem that another computer is required in order to record voice, because on main one I hear slient beep in the background, probably whole audio is messed up. Of course I could remake these voices once fixed for seeking perfection, but I think it is on the edge of acceptable level.

Of course map could contain arrow keys system, but I don't think it is necessary. I don't realise how mouse movement would be a problem if bigger part of all MMOs are based on mouse movements. Map is really short and I think it is not worth time killing on not so important aspects. Arrow keys would give the map fancier look of course, but I think it is not really necessary.

11. pao4ever

pao4ever

Resources:
    Resources:
    aw man, that battle outside the outpost is hard as HELL!!! can you reduce the difficulty of it, or at least give me a hint? I have played that part more that 10 times, but still there...

EDIT: I forgot to tell you that your map is magical ;)

12. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks. :)
    Hmm, yeah it is not an easy one. I think the key for it would be not to rush too much. Of course Norgh must be protected. Basically you have to lure some of units standing in a line with that knight. Eventually the number of these units would decreased and finally these units would be cleared out. Never ruch too confident to them or you may die. If you're having problems, simply go there, lure some, kill some and go back to Norgh until front is cleared. When there would be only tents left, then you would be able to take care of these tents easily by striking into tents with all force. There are two options, you may strike tents, or try to make food used for The Dread to 0. Each solder is 1 food so if it is 0 food, tents explodes eventually. If you're really badly stuck, replay the scene when gates are not destroyed. Good luck.

13. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Rating changed from 4/5 to 5/5 due to updates.
    Keep updating this! :) Maybe it'll reach the quality of a DC someday.

14. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow. Thanks! I haven't reached rating 5/5 by moderators until now, even though my goal was to achieve 4/5. I really appreciate the rating and it inspires me to create something even more epic! It is a great achievement for me as for two weeks project.

15. Moon Mover

Moon Mover

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is outstanding! I am hugely impressed by the scenery, the camera system, the atmosphere, and the combat system (especially the combat system!) It is also challenging. Many RPG's aren't, since they basically play like WarCraft III but with an over-powered hero. To defeat the angry man, I really had to use my head more than in most WCIII RPG's, and had to use my reflexes more than in WCIII.

I am working on my own single-player RPG, and now it will be influenced by this.

My only gripe so far (I just arrived at the warpost.) is that Einar moves way too slowly. If he ran even a third of the speed more than he does now, this map would be more fun.

16. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for your positive thoughts. I am really glad it influenced some people and inspired them to make their projects. Ah, I faced the same problem and I have no idea why it becomes slower! There are no triggers that affects movement speed, except teleportation to the mountain which resets movement speed to default in order to, hopefully, prevent that error. The Slow-mo is really annoying. I'll try to solve it.

17. pao4ever

pao4ever

Resources:
    Resources:
    sorry for that, but what do tou mean by "try to make food used for The Dread to 0"...? and every time I stand by Norgh and my soldiers are butchered by The Dread ones, so every time I have an army coming towards me and Norgh, who finally kill easy! and yeah, I'm badly stuck!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  18. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hehe, it's alright. Well each dread one costs 1 food for Player 5. If Food used for Player 5 is equal 0, then tents explodes. So you basically have to eliminate all dread ones at once leaving no enemy in area, because eventually enemy spawns. If zero enemies in a the field, you win automatically without destroying tents. I meant that. Just try to spam attacks agaisnt enemies as much as you can. Make sure you have Throw Knife, Spinning Strike and Fierceful Chage abilities before fighting, also few pig ribs would help out too. You also should be having an Axe and Barbarian's Gear with Winter's Heart amulet. That's the best preparation stuff for the battle. Of course source of money is quite hidden, as well as gear and amulet, so you would have to look for it before fighting.

19. pao4ever

pao4ever

Resources:
    Resources:
    thanks man! I think this map desrves a walkthrough itself! amazing stuff, completely unique!

20. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Okay, I tried this and really liked it. The scenery and environment is just breathtaking, the camera effects very good. I have only two issues: the character's speed, as mentioned above, and the voice acting. Really, it doesn't add anything, and is too soft to be heard. The text, even if full of errors, gets the point across.

I'd give this map four, four and a half out of five for that.