• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Types of Damage in Trigger Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi all.

Can someone please tell me what's the difference between the following types of damage in Trigger Editor:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 172
Level 19
As I know there is no difference unless some of them counts armor some of them dont (spirit link doesnt for example)

Level 21
Can someone please tell me what's the difference between the following types of damage in Trigger Editor:
I don't know if there is a real difference between them. But you can use them in triggers to trigger your own damage types.

With what did you open the Trigger Editor??

Totally irrelevant question?

Level 6
That denomination list of damage types is impractical. There are only 3 notable/significant/effective damage types:

1) normal - this is actually spell damage (the damage used in spells); does not factor armor, but does magic resistance and spell immunity; affects ethereal units (factoring in ethereal magic dmg bonus).
2) melee - deals physical damage; factors armor, not magic resistance nor spell immunity; doesn't affect ethereal units.
3) universal - deals precise damage; ignores armor.

But note that the damage is affected, too, by the attacktype you use along with the damagetype. And an attacktype of 'null' is equivalent to ATTACK_TYPE_NORMAL (Normal), which is the attacktype used in spells.

Level 19
same as fire
ya sorry you need dummy spellz for slowing o_O

thanx for info bear
rep given

Status
Not open for further replies.