• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Two Steps from Hell(co-terrain)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
this is my co-terrain that i did with megafyr
loong time since we started this,but we eventually found time and finished it

so here it is:
twstpsfrmhll.png

Level 36
My goodness, that is one detailed terrain.
- Lovely, to say the least.

My only concern is with the background, not because it is "boring" or "bad" but mainly because it stands in such a contrast to the rest of the terrain, to me it simply doesn't even seem moderately realistic.
That, and I feel like the terrain ends too abrubtly, there should at least be one or two more layers of mountains, and thinner fog.

My suggestion would be to make the sky fit better with the terrain, somehow making it darker and grayer, but still keeping some of that dawn-like redness in it.

Level 11
wow...didn't expect such a good reception:D thx guys
about the background...well we wanted to keep the purple-ish fog and the red sky,and tried to make somewhat of a transition between the fog and the sky,but kinda rushed it

i'll retry making the background when i have some spare time,cuz mega is busy and cant get a hold of him...
any other ideas on improving the terrain are welcomed

oh...and about the dead trees..i for one dont find them to stick out so much

i don't like the colour scheme tbh. everything is the same colour that's not solid, grey rocks, barely green grey trees, grey person, everything is just a shade of grey. Sometimes that's cool, but i don't like the effect it has here, personally. Not with all of the sky and every single 'hole' with something coming out being that peachy colour.
I can see there's a good bit of detail put into the buildings etc but it all really just fades together with that colour.
Grey's not exactly a colour to do much excitement, not when the only other colour is that peachy orange colour - which doesn't excite much either, or do much of anything. They're both backdrops - or attention drawers for small objects. They just don't work together in these masses in this case.

As well as that, the sky/objects overgo isn't the best, the sky is pretty generic, it's nice, but just generic. And maaaaaaybe a bit more information detail or something could be given - i like a terrain where you can wonder about what's happening, but here, you just don't know whaaaaaaat's going on. Giant pit spitting out stuff, hellish(?) buildings, guy having a. cloths waved away/b. soul being sucked in, etc

Level 19
Hi guys, it's mega checking in. Thanks for all the comments! I'll see if I can't pimp up that sky a little in near future.

@Belg, this terrain is supposed to be the entrance to hell. Why do you expect the colors to show excitement? But thanks for the feedback though.

Level 11
good to see you're back mega

And maaaaaaybe a bit more information detail or something could be given - i like a terrain where you can wonder about what's happening, but here, you just don't know whaaaaaaat's going on. Giant pit spitting out stuff, hellish(?) buildings, guy having a. cloths waved away/b. soul being sucked in, etc

well,its a guy staring at the entrance to hell,i dont know what more info should be given
oh and..those are some pieces of cloth atached to the staff...
wanted that to give it sort of a windy feel

Status
Not open for further replies.