• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pio Enath - Home of the Orien

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
So, while I'm waiting for fladder to do his part on our co-terrain, I did this.
It's another idea taken from my fantasy world, the Orien is one among the
many alvish races in Delión. Anyway, hope you like it :)

PS: I fuckin' love Talavaj's doodads ^^

Attachments

• Pio Enath.png
    Pio Enath.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,272
Last edited:
PS: I fuckin' love Talavaj's doodads ^^
Make that 2 :D
shadows and contrast (just throwing random terms here) between more lighted and darker areas.
*coughs* blame Blizzard for not doing rendered shadows *coughs*

The lamps do add some distraction from the morning glory that you've done there :D

Heinvers said:
the right center part buildings look a bit unshaded, which is weird given the same tint that you gave them o.o
^quoted from chat. The sunrise is perfect (at least that's what I say ;P)

The statue is another well needed lil' distraction I must say. I find that ring arena a bit empty but that's just me I guess.

Lovely waterfall and the canopy is quite pretty as of now. Also the slight overgrown look that you did looks gorgeous.

The pond could use more life to it though, it's saying: I'm half dead right now, go back home xD

Last edited:
Level 14
Now that is what elves living in trees should look like. Very well done. Love the idea. Love the execution. Love the models. Love the......

Level 17
Very neat ! I was waiting for a piece like this so I could evaluate the pieces in action as I'm not working with them myself.
It appears the differences aren't too jarring, although I should finish the ferns :p so people don't have to use the palm leaves.

Level 34
The colors are really muted. While not necessarily a bad thing, I would personally love to see more color.

Great work though, I love the small village.

Level 36
I bring a subtle update.

The colors are really muted. While not necessarily a bad thing, I would personally love to see more color.

Tried fooling around with making the black fog a little thicker and reducing the brightness
of the glows, hopefully that brought out a little more of the colour-play of the flora and
such.

Is there nothing you can do about the lightning(?) though?

Lighting*

Also, I feel like this is a little unjustified, to my eyes the lighting is as close to real
looking as the WE can get it, and I don't personally think it looks awfully unnatural.

The lamps do add some distraction from the morning glory that you've done there :D

Agreed, removed them.

The pond could use more life to it though, it's saying: I'm half dead right now, go back home.

It's got rocks, lily-pads and a waterfall. What more can I do? (I'm not adding fish)
- Any ideas?

The statue is another well needed lil' distraction I must say.

As in, you'd like it removed? I disagree.

I don't know, but when I look at that terrain, it doesn't seem like a big forest with a small village in it, but more like a theatre stage where you know there is nothing behind. Maybe it's the camera angle or the size of the houses I don't know.

I don't know what to say to this, I don't see what you mean, at all.

_

Also, thank you all for the kind words ^^

Level 4
It's got rocks, lily-pads and a waterfall. What more can I do? (I'm not adding fish)
- Any ideas?

The reeds from the UTM. And try the lily pads from the Hi-Res Expansion Pack instead of the current ones, they don't look good imo.

And the thing about the colors, the flora, specially the pine trees looks undersaturated. I think making them more green in the object editor will fix it.

Other than that it looks awesome, good job.

As in, you'd like it removed? I disagree.
No. Of course not. It's just that lovely distraction I like about it. It's just good in thar :p
I think making them more green in the object editor will fix it.
That's a fine point.
Agreed, removed them.
Much better now.

Now the morning light is quite well (as it concerns my eyes, dunno about fladder though ;P).

Level 34
Tried fooling around with making the black fog a little thicker and reducing the brightness
of the glows, hopefully that brought out a little more of the colour-play of the flora and
such.
Not really what I meant. It's got a gears of war colour pallet. I'd just like to see less muted browns and dark greens, and more vibrant greens and perhaps even non-brown-green.

Level 36
The reeds from the UTM.

Nah, I don't like those. Besides, the water is meant to be kind of clear and without
too much overgrowth to it. It's part of the lore about this area. (Crystal clear water
in a land that otherwise is very "marsh-ish" what water is concerned.)

And the thing about the colors, the flora, specially the pine trees looks undersaturated. I think making them more green in the object editor will fix it.

I'll look into that, and yeah, I'll try them lily-pads.

It's got a gears of war colour pallet

While I'm not too familiar with that game, I think I know what you mean.
Changing the lilies and twitching the tree colours might make it better.

Level 17
I would be to blame for the color palette I guess.
It is a deliberate decision, vibrant green simply never looks good in my opinion and it always requires color correction either via adding yellow, red, blue or "silver".
I can make an alternate saturation texture set for the future, tinting it in the editor will look crap.
This was partly the reason why I wanted to make greyscale trees, so you can tint them however you want in the editor. But it does not work conveniently enough for terrainers outside of the actual game.

And lol, are there are no water lilies currently in my pack ? Eehehhe. I'm off to eh go fix, something.

Level 11
I'd just like to see less muted browns and dark greens, and more vibrant greens and perhaps even non-brown-green.
I was going to say that too.
Keiji, have you seen Fingolfin's new tree models. I believe that they are at par with Talavaj's tree pack. The oaks are a deeper shade of green and should provide the contrast that I would suggest.

Level 34
I would be to blame for the color palette I guess.
It is a deliberate decision, vibrant green simply never looks good in my opinion and it always requires color correction either via adding yellow, red, blue or "silver".
I can make an alternate saturation texture set for the future, tinting it in the editor will look crap.
This was partly the reason why I wanted to make greyscale trees, so you can tint them however you want in the editor. But it does not work conveniently enough for terrainers outside of the actual game.
Fair enough. This could also be counteracted by simply adding more saturated plant life (ferns, shrubs) or simply adding colour through flowers and other colourful things.

Status
Not open for further replies.