• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Twisting doodads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I've seen Zurg do it, and I understand the mechanics of it, but how do you severely break the X,Y, and Z limits of doodads and destructibles? So you could stretch or compress any doodad you see.

My possible self-solution is WEU, but I haven't fully tested this capability

Level 22
Even the object editor only has a limit on how big a doodad can be scaled. If worse comes to worse, you can assign a unit with the doodad .mdx and scale it, since units dont have a scaling limit. Just be sure to have the unit permanantly paused and with minimap color turned off so it appears to be a doodad 8)

If you want to have doodads that dont`t normally rotate (lets say, the catherdral or something.) all you ahve to do it take a doodad that does exist and assign it the non-rotating doodad .mdx. Well, this works with some doodads, not sure if with all.
-VGsatomi

Level 9
although i don't have much experience with doodads, could it not have had anything to do with the 'no limits' tool in the tools section?
maybe that plugin eliminates the xyz boundaries.. it's worth a shot.

Level 13
Eusira said:
I mean twisting the XYZ values below 80 or 120. Zurg made xolumns out of barrel models, and I kno the XYZ has something to do about it. I don't mean scale the whole thing up or down, just one dimension

That's what I meant with my first post. Search in the object editor, dunno how it's named correctly, but somewhere is an info on the x, y & z scaling. btw it differs from what you see in WE main window, a max-x-length of 120 would be written as 1.2

Level 4
To make the barrel skinner, while making it bigger you need to give the barrel .mdx to "Enviroment Doodad - Shrub" and that will let you make it skinner as u make it bigger.

This may not be the only way to do it, but i know it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.