• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Destructible Doodad Sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Does anyone know a way to make destructible doodads larger than 1000 (size 10.00 in the object editor)? I set the maximum scale to 20.00 in the object editor. It looks to be the correct size in World edit, but when WC3 loads the map, the object is only size 1000, not 1340 like I want it. ordinary (non-destructible) doodads don't have this problem, but i need units to walk over the doodad. help!

-StillJester

(If you want to know more about why i want to do this, read on...)

To my knowledge, only destructible Doodads are walkable - that is to say that a unit will use the contours of the doodad model to walk over and not just walk through it. So I'm trying to use the "terran academy" model as a giant building - and it has a large flat surface that i want units to walk on. I tried using a normal doodad for the building and using Invisible platforms, but that is kind of lame because the surface is only *mostly* flat so when they go over the non-flat parts i have to minutely adjust each tiny platform which is very tedious and has a crappy looking end result anyway.

Level 3
yeah, i did that. it even was the right size in world edit. i guess this means i'm going to have to adjust everything around it instead of the object itself - something i was hoping to avoid.

oh well, thanks anyway.

-StillJester

Status
Not open for further replies.