• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Turning units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Okay, a started off with the original Ancient Protector unit (the Night Elf tower), removed the ability "blight dispell," chaned the model to Corrupted Ancient Protector, changed the tinting and damage, and now it doesn't turn to attack enemies. Is it because the model was changed? is there a way to fix it?

Also, is there a way to make units based off of 'serpent ward' turn to attack enemies? again I started with the default Serpent ward unit and just changed the model. Now it doesn't turn.

Level 12
The Amcient Protector that you are talking about doesnt have a turning ability TMK, but I do have a few suggestions. First, try a trigger taht everytime it attacks, assign the position of the unit to a variable, then order the unit to face the variable. I have a second solution but I will refrain from showing you it yet, as I need to go back to my computer with WC3 before I can help you.

Level 4
For the wards I just based the summoned unit off of an archer that had 0.01 move speed and .60 turn rate.

The original Corrupted Protector can't turn, so I just used a Night Elf one. What was your solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.