• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Turn friendly fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Is there a way to turn friendly fire on?
I know warcraft 3 unit has a function to target an attack, so u can use it ad friendly fire. But is there a way to get that working with a single click or is there a certain keyboard key + mouse click combination?
Thanks!

Level 21
I'm not sure I understood you correctly - this doesn't "turn on friendly fire mode" it's just what you have to do each time you want to attack an allied unit.

if you want to make units automatically attack allied units with right click, and not follow them you'll need to trigger it like @Warseeker said. but then every time you tell units to follow your hero they will attack it, and going to a a building will mean attacking it, (- peons will attack insead of going inside burrows, zeppelins will be attacked instead of entered, workers will attack buildings instead of fixing them etc) so make sure to stick in the right conditions. this should do the basic version of what you want:

• attack everything
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(smart))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Ordered unit) to Attack (Target unit of issued order)

Last edited:
Level 3
I'm not sure I understood you correctly - this doesn't "turn on friendly fire mode" it's just what you have to do each time you want to attack an allied unit.

if you want to make units automatically attack allied units with right click, and not follow them you'll need to trigger it like @Warseeker said. but then every time you tell units to follow your hero they will attack it, and going to a a building will mean attacking it, (- peons will attack insead of going inside burrows, zeppelins will be attacked instead of entered, workers will attack buildings instead of fixing them etc) so make sure to stick in the right conditions. this should do the basic version of what you want:

• attack everything
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(smart))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Ordered unit) to Attack (Target unit of issued order)

First off thanks for ur support.
I just want my footman attack another unit from my team with a simple click.
Same as selecting a selected group of units which are different from each other, attack 1 unit from my team with a click

Level 21
the trigger I posted does that (=makes that the default). I think it probably works too well though. Any right click on a unit will issue an attack command (see examples I gave of when that might be a problem). either try to think of exactly what you want to filter out (for example - have this not affect workers/have it attack allies but not your own units), or just stick it (that trigger) in your map and deal with problems as they come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.