• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pheonix Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey any ideas how I could make Pheonix Fire heal friendly targets rather than damage enemy ones ? I tried negative values however the ability seems to stop working after I do that. If you know a diffrent way of doing the same thing then please tell me, just remember it has to be automatic like Pheonix Fire not auto-cast :)

Any help appreciated :D

- Somnium

Level 8
Pharaoh, pheonix fire is totally diffrent to unholly aura atleast in the way i mean. As in am more interested in the projectile and the immediate healing rather then over time. You see i want it so you can see a little projectile coming out of the hero then hitting a random ally and healing them for a little bit :)

Barathrum - That would be great if only i know how to xD Could you please give me the event and/or condition I would have to use ? I think i could deal with the action myself (with several hours of torment and frustration) :D

Level 34
I haven't tested this theory, but I think it'll work... at the 'targets allowed', instead of 'enemy' set it to 'player units' and at the 'damage dealt', se the number to negative, like -20 per target. You can do it by holding shift and then double-click on that area, so you can allow putting in the - . So damaging would become healing, and let's say you do the same to spell "Healing Spray", -20 heal per target would become 20 damage per target. I hope this helped.

Level 7
I tested it and it works.

Put targets allowed to Friend, Ground, Air and make the damage dealt negative and it heals your Allies (randomly ^^).

But making the DoT negative doesn't work for some reason, it will still deal damage. So you can't use it as a HoT. But you didn't want that anyway so everything should be fine. ^^

Level 18
You could just run a periodic timer and on each periodic event have a dummy-unit cast a missile-based spell that heals a target unit. Adjusting the fields accordingly for your specific needs.

meOme said:
But making the DoT negative doesn't work for some reason
Go into File > Preferences and allow for negative real value fields in the Object Editor.

I just made it work fine (no crashes) and it heals properly. Also, setting the duration to 0.01 seems to take the buff away immediately (doesn't show up on unit interface).

Barathrum said:
He already said he put it to negative and that it crashed or something

I made it work without a problem at all. Once I allowed for negative values and set the value of the damage to -60 it started healing instead of dealing damage. There was nothing "irregular" about it. Even when I unflag "Allow negative values" it still works (with shift-enter), so I don't see how any problems could be a result of this.

Level 7
Go into File > Preferences and allow for negative real value fields in the Object Editor.
I can set the value for damage over time to negative... but the game ignores it and deals damage anyway. Only the initial damage can be turned into a heal.

Level 5
setting the phoenix fire value to a negative initial damage value does heal the target, however if you target friendly units such as AI computer allies, when the "healing" phoenix fire hits, it registers to the non player controlled unit as damage, causing them to like, move away since the damage source is from an ally.

and the DoT does NOT work with negative values. even if set to negative the target takes damage regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.