• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've been going through a couple of hours trying to create a small targetting system that works using Pheonix fire. .-.
Basically, the target of the ability is the target of the Dummy that is supposed to cast a spell on the area.
But I can't get it to work and have no idea why.
Anybody got any suggestion?
(It's a single trigger thing that I am trying to do)

Attachments

• EditorHelp.GIF
    EditorHelp.GIF
    9.7 KB · Views: 106
Level 12
I don't understand completely what you want to do.
You don't seem to know how phoenix fire works though. It is never casted, it just spawns projectiles and attaches a buff (Bpxf) to targets once the projectile hits.

Level 14
In your example it doesn't look like you give the ability to the dummy that you want it to cast. If it already has the ability then make sure it doesn't require any mana, casting time, blah blah blah. I think the best option is to give the dummy the ability manually though.

Level 3
Well, at the moment the dummy has the ability, and it's good to know that pheonix fire does not work how I wanted it to work. But, since that is the case, I am going to have to rethink how I will make the ability work o_o Thank's guys. O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.