• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pheonix Fire - In all its glory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Alright im making a map with a bunch of heroes that will be updated and include sugeestions from people but anyways thats besides the point..

I don't really want to reveal intricate details but basicaly if you have level 3 of this ability ability each time you cast it you add a pheonix fire to the target (i have 4 sperate pheonix fire abilties.). Now the problem is it when a unit receives a pheonix fire ability via triggers it doesnt really 'increase' the targets sight range but it removes the completly black fog in a larger-then-units-sight circilish shape around the unit (not fog of war, enemy units and w/e are still unable to be seen).

Does anyone know the problem and have solutions/thoughts?

Level 11
So you want it to not remove the black mask? Well I dont know if that's possible, without completely making a triggered pheonix fire skill. It's probably a hard-coded blizzard thing that says if a unit damages another unit, it cannot be in black mask or something.

Level 10
Alright this is kinda hard to explain. Phjeonix fire auto-aquires targets, but it cannot and will not target or attack targets it cannot see. What im saying is when i first get the skill even if its just me on the entire map and large circular area around me become completly visable, then fades back to just fog of war, my norm sight radius ios still complltly visable.

Level 24
I may know what the problem is. The phoenix fire hits everything within the ability's range, but you only want it to hit the things within the unit's range of sight. So like if the unit has a range of sight of 200, and the phoenix fire has a range of 400, the phoenix fire increases the units range of sight to 400?

The only thing I can think of is give a different copy of the ability based off of the ability level and the unit type (so that you can determine the range of sight).

Oh, I get it. Adding phoenix fire makes it so your unit sees everything in its range of sight like a flying unit, right? I have no idea how to fix it, but I hope clarifying the problem makes it easier for someone else to.

Level 11
Alright this is kinda hard to explain. Phjeonix fire auto-aquires targets, but it cannot and will not target or attack targets it cannot see. What im saying is when i first get the skill even if its just me on the entire map and large circular area around me become completly visable, then fades back to just fog of war, my norm sight radius ios still complltly visable.
so do you want to get rid of this and make it stay black mask or make it all visible?

Level 10
I want it so when i get pheonix fire it doesnt affect sight/fog at all.

Level 24
It shouldn't in the first place. It's possible that it's caused by a discrepancy between Phoenix Fire's AoE and the unit's range of sight. Maybe that Phoenix Fire goes farther, or maybe because WC3 is just speshul. Personally, my opinion is that it's because WC3 is speshul.

Status
Not open for further replies.