• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Turalyon

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Turalyon, one of the first Paladins of the Silver Hand, leader of the Sons of Lothar, and Supreme Commander of the Alliance Army.

This was the first model of the Sons of Lothar I started working on. Pretty pleased with the result. Note that he requires the texture from my Lothar model (also included in this pack) at the moment, however I am planning on adding a version without the sword at some point.

CHANGELOG:
  • September 5th 2022 - Optimized model by removing unused scaling and translation keyframes
  • February 5th 2023 - Made model pass sanity check
Previews
Contents

Turalyon (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
Excellent custom animation and textures on the hero. Changes made. Works in-game. Approved!
Level 39
Sword is broken handle unexpectedly, a little fly in the ointment...
The sword being broken is due to lore-reasons. Doomhammer destroys Lothar's blade during their duel in the Second War, and Turalyon picks up the broken blade.
Thanks!
A tulayan model that can be used in maps. I've been waiting a long time.
Glad you like it!
And again, I really like the laconic picture of the character in the preview, how well you keep it in the same artistic style. As for the model, the animations are simply amazing, and the way that broken sword looks gives me a separate feeling of admiration.
Thank you for the kind words, it's appreciated :)

Level 39
Model: has 1365 unused tracks
G. Frank: https://i.gifer.com/2Y1d.mp4
Huh, interesting. Didn't know that was a thing - I guess you learn something new every day. Seems like this is an issue for all my models. Will look into optimizing. Already did a bit:

UPDATE: Thanks to @Stefan.K I noticed a large number of scaling keyframes that are unnecessary. Optimized the model by removing these keyframes.

UPDATE 2
: Managed to optimize even further by removing position/translation keys as well... I should probably do this for all my models 😅

Last edited:
Level 50
Huh, interesting. Didn't know that was a thing - I guess you learn something new every day. Seems like this is an issue for all my models. Will look into optimizing. Already did a bit:

UPDATE: Thanks to @Stefan.K I noticed a large number of scaling keyframes that are unnecessary. Optimized the model by removing these keyframes.

UPDATE 2: Managed to optimize even further by removing position/translation keys as well... I should probably do this for all my models 😅
Yeah, I figured all your recent models had unused tracks and if you check the models that were approved for the last year(maybe less) they all "pass" the sanity test.
You can use this optimizer to get rid of unused tracks: MDLX Optimizer (just drag the model on the link)

Or if they are still present you can use this tool: Model Optimizer and Converter v1.2.1

Level 2
great animations!!! my only nit pick is when the handle of the hammer glows, it looks bad...but still a very great model ty!!

Level 3
These models are so good dude, I've been playing around with them in the editor for a good amount of time now. I almost just wish that they had their own game and I've thought many a time of legit spriting over them to make them look like Wc2.

Level 48
Like your other Sons of Lothar, your depiction of Turalyon does great service to his depictions in older canonical sources while meshing in with Warcraft's artistic style almost seamlessly. I don't have much to add on this particular character - I love the glowing Paladin eyes he gets when he picks up Lothar's broken blade, and the animation work is amazing as usual (I especially love the prayer channel). Turalyon himself isn't one of my favourite characters from the series, I do find his design a little bit simplistic and boring, but that doesn't detract from your masterful artistry (and his usability as a common Paladin or Knight, should one require one in their map).