• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trouble with Mana and Life drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey guys, I'm having a LOT of trouble with the special effects of life drain and mana drain. In my dungeon I have multiple high threat bosses, their attacks/spells/ultimates are all meticulously timed to their boss music which gets more intense as the fight progresses. It's really fun and exciting imo, especially since the enemy players will be aiding each boss in unique ways from a safe distance. Timing a boss to music is tricky tho so I just made them all invulnerable and instead their health will be drained by a Soul Stone (Eye of Sargeras) artifact that heroes are carrying.

Unfortunately I'm a bit new and I can't seem to make the life/mana drain effect appear at all, even on non-invulnerable units. Not sure what step I'm missing. To top it off it would mean a lot if I could silence the sound of the drain effect or choose my own sound loop for it.

Toss me a hand bros? Btw check out this SWEET boss room I made yesterday! Gonna have the 4 enemy players control slow moving floor runes that will cause various negative effects on the hero players all while they try to dodge the boss attacks!

Attachments

• SealedDissenter1.png
    SealedDissenter1.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 78

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Can it be made to target invulnerable units? Some abilities have very strict targeting requirements.

You could always trigger the damage effect. Any spell cast on the boss and deal some damage to it. If you want a beam effect, use Chain Lightning or another beam ability as a base.

Status
Not open for further replies.