milkshape exported? xD fix the internal name, mate
the sword shape looks quite cool to me, but the sword's edge just doesn't feel like it has enough roughness as the body bit.. sure, you wanted it to look sharp, but would it not look a bit more dangerous if it had a few textured cracks here and there?, fitting with the stone bit on the inside, at least on the upper section
Nice blade, I like the shape.
Misha said:it's kinda the same.. interesting..
.. but maybe you shouldn't be using full spheres, billboarded planes will reduce the filesize by a lot
Sunchips said:The idea and concept is very good but the polycount can be reduced and the wrap can be improved I will send you a private message discussing it more
On one hand I'm saddened that you think I would simply copy (steal) the mesh from a WoW weapon. Especially because I am a firm believer that people should only upload scratch made models.It seems that you copied the mesh of Twinblade of the Hakkari
Well, idk, if it's handmade you must've followed the mesh vertex by vertex, because the blade itself has the same amount of polies on the same places, which, even if handmade, is kinda copying you know... xDThank you all for the comments. The blade has been updated.
Thank you Sunchips for improving the UV mapping and showing how it's properly done
I am a bit ambivalent about this quote:
On one hand I'm saddened that you think I would simply copy (steal) the mesh from a WoW weapon. Especially because I am a firm believer that people should only upload scratch made models.
On the other hand I'm happy that you think it's a copy since that means I hit the proportions perfectly
No problem man, I was just curious, I hope I didn't offend you in any way.Alright here is what I have done.
I made a plane in 3Ds Max. Found an image of the Twinblade online. Imported said image to the plane I just made.
While looking at the front view (with the plane rotated 90 degrees) I began modeling.
First the blade. It's made with a spline (line) and once the proportions were correct I transformed the spline into an editable poly mesh.
From here I chose the now many sided poly and inserted it (the tool) to get the inner part of the blade.
After that I cut (the tool) the vertices from the outer edge to the corresponding inner edge.
And bam. The blade part was done.
Now we are talking about copying.
So the Zin'rokh, the Bulkward, the Thunderfury, the Sword of War etc. etc. etc. are just as much copies then. Even with matching texture. This model is not.
I haven't seen how the Twinblades vertices, edges, polies are placed. If they match perfectly then it's pure coincidence.