• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigstr?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I don't know why, but every single custom item i made was suddenly named to TRIGSTR_(number) for no apparent reason. Is there a reason for this? Is there a fix?

What patch are you running on? And is this happening in the object editor or in the trigger editor? Did anything strange happen when you last saved your map? (e.g. did your PC crash?)

I don't think there is an automatic way to fix it, but I'd suggest following these steps:
  • Download an MPQ editor/viewer
  • Open your map and extract the war3map.wts file. Then make sure to close the MPQ editor.
  • Each string is declared like so:
    C++:
    STRING 0 {
        <stuff>
    }
  • For each of your objects, find the correct string (the numbers should match) and just copy and paste from the wts file to your object in the object editor
  • When you're done, make sure you backup your map! :( And backup your map often. If anything ever happens, you can usually just fall back to a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.