• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TriggerHappy's Jass New Gen Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the my personal version of JNGP. I have reduced much of the folder clutter and removed many tabs in the editor.

Though, the main purpose of this is to include the latest tools that I use, like SharpCraft, Memory API, and JPM.

Attachments

• TH'S JNGP v1.0.0.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 1,207
  • TH's JNGP v1.1.0.zip
    13 MB · Views: 1,114
  • TH's JNGP v1.3.2.zip
    18.1 MB · Views: 7,105
Last edited:
Google contacted me about your MemHax.zip file being malware, so I had to delete it. Is there any way for you to integrate your changes with the moyackx JNGP? That one is not problematic for Google apparently.

I'll host it somewhere else.

I really don't like moyacks distribution of JNGP which is one reason I made this. It's a mess. He also refuses to keep things up to date on THW and wants you to visit his website.

If the original package didn't get flagged but the new one did it's probably because "Hax" was in the name.

Last edited:
I think it may be the way it latches onto WC3 which may seem virus like. Is yours different in this way?. Hmm, I was under the impression that @moyackx would keep it somewhat updated.

Nope it doesn't do anything different than the other JNGP's. TH'S JNGP v1.0.0.zip is literally the same package as MemHax.zip, except without the MemHax tool (which just opens a MPQ, edits file, and close MPQ).

Not really a problem I can host it somewhere else but it is kind of stupid that google flagged it.

Level 15
Ok I've been summoned by the @ technology of this site....

Interesting, a version that offers a regression from the currently developed JNGP offered as a better option. This from a personal point of view (too many menus).

I'd like to know more precisely what TriggerHappy calls a mess, maybe for the big amount of menus, this as a compromise solution to offer the most of the mods developed to mapping WC3 as much as possible. All of this in order to make happy the most of the people.

Curiously, I agree with TriggerHappy. And I'm currently working on this, so the user can configure the tools that they really need, without imposing nothing to the final user.

Can you fix using loadmpq.lua when testing the game? It does only load the archives in the World Editor but not in the game (neither multiplayer tests nor normal tests). in JNGP 2 and I guess in JNGP 1 as well. This is not based on JNGP 2?

I haven't really touched the file. What's the point of loading MPQ in-game?

I also can't remember which JNGP I based it off of, why?

Ok I've been summoned by the @ technology of this site....

Interesting, a version that offers a regression from the currently developed JNGP offered as a better option. This from a personal point of view (too many menus).

I'd like to know more precisely what TriggerHappy calls a mess, maybe for the big amount of menus, this as a compromise solution to offer the most of the mods developed to mapping WC3 as much as possible. All of this in order to make happy the most of the people.

Curiously, I agree with TriggerHappy. And I'm currently working on this, so the user can configure the tools that they really need, without imposing nothing to the final user.

Yeah basically the menus are just a mess.

But like the main post says this is mainly for me to link to people who want to use SharpCraft and now probably the Memory API.

I also really personally use this, and all the tools included work on Linux for me as well.

Level 25
For custom .exe based mods like mine which use custom MPQ archives. Of course I could use my custom .exe but it wouldn't start the game via the test button then and without any NewGen Warcraft features.

I was not sure if it had worked in JNGP 1 thats all. JNGP 2 allows to start multiple instances for testing multiplayer games which is great, so it would be cool to have this here, too. But JNGP2 is much slower when editing object data etc. for me. Maybe this is related to some options I have to disable.

For custom .exe based mods like mine which use custom MPQ archives. Of course I could use my custom .exe but it wouldn't start the game via the test button then and without any NewGen Warcraft features.

I was not sure if it had worked in JNGP 1 thats all. JNGP 2 allows to start multiple instances for testing multiplayer games which is great, so it would be cool to have this here, too. But JNGP2 is much slower when editing object data etc. for me. Maybe this is related to some options I have to disable.

Use UnrealLoader. It's included in the package.

Level 9
Create an installer that adds your lines inside wehack.lua, it was like I did (I do not want to lose my NewGen configuration)

Code:
runtype = 1

if havejh and jh_enable.checked then
        runtype = 3
    end

if use_hacks.checked then
        -- wehack.messagebox("MemoryHack\\insertjass.exe \"" .. mappath .. "\" " .. runtype .. " MemoryHack")
        wehack.runprocess2("MemoryHack\\insertjass.exe \"" .. mappath .. "\" " .. runtype .. " MemoryHack")
    end

Code:
if use_hacks.checked then
            -- wehack.messagebox("MemoryHack\\insertjass.exe \"" .. mappath .. "\" 2 MemoryHack")
            wehack.runprocess2("MemoryHack\\insertjass.exe \"" .. mappath .. "\" 2 MemoryHack")
        end

and...

Code:
use_hacks = TogMenuEntry:New(utils,"Enable JASS Memory Hack",nil,true)

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Enabling sharpcraft doesn't work. When I click test button, if I don't run your JNGP with admin privileges, nothing happens. If i do, this appears:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 305
Enabling sharpcraft doesn't work. When I click test button, if I don't run your JNGP with admin privileges, nothing happens. If i do, this appears:

Fixed in the newest release. It was because of the ' in the path, but I also updated a couple other things.

You will still need to run with admin permissions.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
It conflicts with maps with weather effects initially enabled (through Scenario > Map Option).

EDIT:
Sorry for that non-sense post I was in hurry. Let me re-phrase:
It conflicts only if I enabled the Jass memory API.
If the map use custom weather effect, it will declare a local weathereffect variable on config function. If Jass memory API is enabled, it's going inject some codes above the local weathereffect declaration (right?) thus it can't compile. You know you can fix it by injecting the code below the local variable declaration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.