• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggered Spell Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
So i've made a spell that acts as a normal single-target damage spell, but when the target's health is below 20% its killed instantly by this spell.
Problem is, the spell is based off storm bolt, and when i use another spell also based on storm bolt, it triggers this effect.
Anyway here's the trigger.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Decapitate
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Percentage life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Less than or equal to 20.00
        • ((Target unit of ability being cast) is in Bosses) Not equal to True
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 10000.00 damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
        • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Orc\OrcSmallDeathExplode\OrcSmallDeathExplode.mdl
        • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Else - Actions
        • Do nothing
Hope someone can help me out, thanks in advance.

You have to base the other abilities off something else. If you base two or more spells off the same spell (aside from channel), you'll end up having the same base order ID. That means both will be cast when one is cast.

The fix is to redo the spell and base it off some other ability. Most people will use the ability "Channel" because they have a field that lets you change the base order ID.

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=14972

Status
Not open for further replies.