• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Problem - Nova Spell Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Link to the problem: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/nova-spellpack-v1-08c-140950/index4.html

"I got a simple problem, i cant find how to setup the FFN_Int lines Frost Nova Dummy:

frostnovahelp.png

The left side is my own map, the right side is the original... but i dont know how to find the Frost Nova Dummy... did i make things clear ?

IF YOU CANT SEE THE PICTURE, USE CTRL + SCROLLING MOUSE TO ZOOM IN."

Level 14
Why is this so hard to find help to ?

So... you've imported the dummy unit from one map to the other map through the object editor and still you are not abled to find out where the dummy unit is located?

It should be under the Custom Units folder in your object editor. The same counts for specifying which unit you want inside the action.

Melee -> Custom

All you have to know is what race it is, which can be easilly found by going into the object editor to see under which folder the dummy unit is located.

Level 19
So... you've imported the dummy unit from one map to the other map through the object editor and still you are not abled to find out where the dummy unit is located?

It should be under the Custom Units folder in your object editor. The same counts for specifying which unit you want inside the action.

Melee -> Custom

All you have to know is what race it is, which can be easilly found by going into the object editor to see under which folder the dummy unit is located.

hes saying that theres no button to click to enter the unit selection

Level 14
hes saying that theres no button to click to enter the unit selection

Ow lol yeah, now I see 0.o
That's strange indeed.

@stimmedmarine:
Could you copy this action, paste it in a new trigger and convert it to custom text by clicking edit -> convert to custom text? I want to know if the raw code is also empty or not.
If it is, then something probably went wrong with the import. If it's not, you should be abled to find out wether the name of the unit causes this bug (but I guess not).

Level 4
You can use custom script if you found the Dummy in Object Editor.
  • Custom script: call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, 'dummy-id-here', GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()), udg_TempLoc, udg_TargetLoc )
dummy unit's id can be show when you press Ctrl + D in Object Editor.

If you don't like using Custom Script, you can make another dummy.

Level 8
i got this problem again with the Lightning nova.... Can you specify what your saying DsDarkMaster ? Restarting my editor diden help..

anyways, if someone wants to import Lightning Nova to my map i would be happy... it just came with a new error telling me that lightning nova did not work proberly... i give up. IF someone want to import the spell for me i would be happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.