• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Frost Nova Will Not be Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Please help me if you can. I have created a Frost Nova ability that doesn't use mana; it uses "Snowball" charges on a "Snowball" inventory item instead. My trick was supposed to remove Frost Nova if there were no more Snowball charges left, and to replace Frost Nova within the next 8 seconds. But problem is, the trigger is not removing Frost Nova at all.

• Events
  • -A Unit starts the effect of an ability.
  • Conditions
  • -Ability being cast Equal to Frost Nova.
  • Actions
  • -Set Snowman equal to Triggering Unit.
  • -Set Lvl_FrostNova Equal to Level of Frost Nova for Snowman.
  • -If, then, else multiple fuctions:
    • Conditions
    • - Item - ((Charges remaining in (Snowball carried by (Snowman) Equal to (1))
    • Actions
    • - Item - Set charges remaining in ((Snowball carried by (Snowman) to (Charges remaining of item type (Snowball) carried by (Snowman) - (1)).
    • - Remove Frost Nova from Snowman.
    • -Wait 8 seconds.
    • -Item - Set charges remaining in ((Snowball carried by (Snowman) to (Charges remaining of item type (Snowball) carried by (Snowman) + (1)).
    • -Add Frost Nova to Snowman.
    • -Set level of Frost Nova for Snowman to Lvl_FrostNova.
For some reason Frost Nova is NOT being removed and I don't know why. How can I get the trigger to remove Frost Nova?

P.S.
I typed in that trigger from memory because I don't have WC3 at the library =/. I hope that was clear enough, but if it wasn't then I will reword it.

Level 37
  • Untitled Trigger 029
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blizzard
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local integer aid = GetSpellAbilityId()
      • Custom script: local integer i = GetUnitAbilityLevel(GetTriggerUnit(), aid)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Potion of Healing)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Potion of Healing) to 0
          • Unit - Remove Blizzard from (Triggering unit)
          • Wait 8.00 seconds
          • Item - Set charges remaining in (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Potion of Healing) to 1
          • Unit - Add Blizzard to (Triggering unit)
          • Custom script: call SetUnitAbilityLevel(GetTriggerUnit(), aid, i)
        • Else - Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.