• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crystal Maiden's Frost Nova Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello. I was creating the ability of Frost Nova using the default Warcraft III Lich's Frost Nova(s). But then in DotA, it seems that you are allow to use the AoE Area Casting style to target the enemies, rather then targeting the enemy specifically. Which ability to get or what trigger I need to use? Sorry for my bad English

Level 8
You need create 2 dummy, 1 owned by caster and 1 owned by enemy at target point of ability being cast. Next, add ability (frost nova) to ally dummy and order to frost nova to enemy dummy unit.
Its really simple.

Level 4
Okay, thanks for the Frost Nova's (well it should be Crystal Nova in fact) trigger. And in an unrelated article, can anyone help me with the Freezing Field ability, because according to the map, it says enemies who are affected by the Freezing Field AoE may be 'Slowed'. So I assume this Freezing Field must be come from the Starfall ability. But how to make it such that the people can be Slowed?

Level 4
Aura? I remember this Slowed supposed to come from this so called Frost Nova ability. But never mind then, thanks for the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.