• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger of Torrent Slash spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
You didn't have to post the whole map ... lOl
Well to turn on the disabled trigger of TS ( forcly disabled ) ... You should give TempPoint and Array ... Because it's a non-array variable right now . Well then you reset your trigger .
It's all about TempPoint Variable
Look :
k9dx5d.png

2eyf2qd.png

Just Add an array to TempPoint . Press Yes ---> Ok ... Then reset each corrupted ( unfonctionalled ) trigger-line in your spell trigger .Don't forget to check 'Enable Trigger' to both 'Torrent Slash' and 'Torrent Slash loop' triggers . You know how ( Right-Click the trigger then check it ) .Then it will work ;), I hope ...

Level 4
Sorry,I'm just a newbie.....what do array means??:ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis:

And can you list out the step for me to edit?? hahaha

Last edited:
Level 25
A non-array variable can store only 1 information - a unit is stored in unit variable; a location in point variable.

Ex.
You have a unit variable called unit_var and 2 units - UnitA and UnitB
You set unit_var = UnitA --- now that variable stores UnitA
If some time later you were to do this:
set unit_var = UnitB --- that variable will not store both UnitA and UnitB, it will now store only UnitB, because it doesn't have the ability to save more than 1 "information"

A variable array allows you to store more information of the same type by adding index numbers to the variable.
The variable then looks like this: <variable name>[Index number]

The same example with 2 units:
I can now set unit_var[1] = UnitA and unit_var[2] = UnitB
Now unit_var variable stores both UnitA and UnitB, but in different "layers" of that variable.

Imagine it like this:
A variable is a small house with only 1 floor
An array variable is a whole building with many floors

Level 3
array is hard to explain, but i'll try to make you understand
array providing us another room for storing a variable without creating a new one.

for example, you want to make 2 unit variable, the frist variable contain casting unit and the second trigger contain target unit of ability being cast...
You will create a variable like below:
Unit_Cast : Casting unit
Unit_Target : Target unit of ability being cast

In the example above you'll make 2 variables. But if you use an array you just need to create one with two array. a variable with array should be like this YourVariable[Array]
and your variable will be like this:
Unit_Var[1] : Casting Unit
Unit_Var[2] : Target unit of ability being cast

So an array make us easier to use a multiple variable, you can use up to 1000 array in one variable.... Got it?

Level 15
Well nothing is hard ...I was a newbie but i understood this fast idk why .
Well arrays are used to make variables' number lesser ...
Well Instead of making two variables like this : Unit1 , Unit2
We use one variable and we add array to him and when we use it in triggers we use the array like this Unit[1] instead of Unit1 and Unit[2] instead of Unit2 . Well this is the basic definition .It has other functions because it is just an integer

Well just add an array and it will work ...( check the array line )

A non-array variable can store only 1 information - a unit is stored in unit variable; a location in point variable.
Useful information for a newbie :)
Ex.
You have a unit variable called unit_var and 2 units - UnitA and UnitB
You set unit_var = UnitA --- now that variable stores UnitA
If some time later you were to do this:
set unit_var = UnitB --- that variable will not store both UnitA and UnitB, it will now store only UnitB, because it doesn't have......................................

This is complex Dx

array is hard to explain, but i'll try to make you understand
array providing us another room for storing a variable without creating a new one.

for example, you want to make 2 unit variable, the frist variable contain casting unit and the second trigger contain target unit of ability being cast..........................
So an array make us easier to use a multiple variable, you can use up to 1000 array in one variable.... Got it?

WOW That's great and enough

Finally I notice that you've copied those triggers (Torrent Slash Triggers) from another map . Well variables are not clearly created . Well you will face this problem sometimes when you copy triggers from a map to another

Status
Not open for further replies.