• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

There is NO custom abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, is there a chance to make 2 custom abilities from 1, because then i copy hero active ability and paste it 2 times, change everything and give abilities to 1 hero. In game i use 1 ability and other is using too :( or if i make triggers using those abilities only 1 trigger works so how the fuck i have to create custom hero skills if i can't even change buff or effect or anything? no fucking blank ability :ogre_rage::ogre_rage::ogre_rage::ogre_rage::ogre_rage::ogre_rage::ogre_rage::ogre_rage::ogre_rage::ogre_rage:

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
it works for me. Make sure that those 2 spells have different name, order string, and hotkey. You might also change other Order Strings. As far as I know, there are 4 of them.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
ok then, will post a test map later if you don't mind.
Also, check this out in triggers:
Unit - Order Unit to Move To (Center of (Playable map area))

When you click "Move to" you will find all spells that are casted on area. There's for Unit and no area (Example War Stomp) too.

Level 33
Make sure your spell is Channel-based ability
If your spell is default ability, you can't just change your Spell ID through order string
Find "Channel" ability in Object Editor -> Abilities Tab
From there, you can change your Order String/Spell ID, it works

Level 37
Find "Channel" ability in Object Editor -> Abilities Tab
From there, you can change your Order String/Spell ID, it works

Spells have different ID's by default. You're propably talking about Base Order ID.

Abilites that a hero uses need to have different Based Order Id and different Order String - Turn On, otherwise they will trigger simultaneously.

That's why basing two spells on Chain Lighning and just changing the Order String won't make them fire independently, the base order ID is still the same.

Level 33
Just go to Object Editor -> Abilities Tab
Go to Edit at the top of Object Editor box, and select Find...
Type in Channel in there
It will bring you there
From there, do as I said
Basically, Channel ability just a dummy, fake ability used to cast spells and use same target-type spell on same unit
Therefore, no problems with "overlapping casting spells on same unit" issues

Level 4
Just point one thing: do not create two abilities or more and give them to a hero. It's badly malfunctioned. Try another way. Channel, or playing with dummies.

Status
Not open for further replies.